Windows 10: Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...

Discus and support Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have a repeating issue which I can replicate in this way: 1 My child has screen time limit in family safety that stops at 9 PM 2 On some... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IrfuriousX, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...

Hello,

I have a repeating issue which I can replicate in this way:

1 My child has screen time limit in family safety that stops at 9 PM

2 On some days I update the time to stop later, lets say 10 PM on the account.microsoft.com site either from my phone or another computer

3 On my child's machine the computer starts warning at 8:45 PM that "15 minutes left". At 9PM the computer shuts down even though I may have changed the time several hours earlier.

Sometimes this issue can be resolved through these methods:

A I change the time several times and maybe the website understands that it is changed and sends a push notification to my child's computer about the new time.

B I wait for the "15 minutes left" notification and ask the kid to ask for time then request more time and when I add time through that method that seems to work.

C It seems to work if the kid rebots his machine after I have changed the end time for that day. I am not 100% sure if this works every time though, but that seems to force the machine to ask for new end time for the day.

Ideally I would like this to be fixed so that changing time in the application would send a push notification to the computers that are using accounts that are given time it does seem to send the push notification if I shorten the time, but not if I add more time. Barring that I would like to know if there is a method that my kid can use to make the Family Safety poll the servers for any potentially added time command prompt script would be fine for me now.

:)

IrfuriousX, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...

Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...

1. Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not... - Similar Threads - Family Safety update

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Safety screen time can't be changed on PC with Windows 11, but the same child's...

Family Safety screen time can't be changed on PC with Windows 11, but the same child's...: My son recently upgraded to a brand new PC preinstalled with Windows 11. The old PC that he used runs Windows 10. In Windows 11, he cannot send requests for more time. Nor can I grant more time for him. However, on the PC running Windows 10, it works just fine. He is using a...
  6. Family Safety screen time can't be changed on PC with Windows 11, but the same child's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety screen time can't be changed on PC with Windows 11, but the same child's...: My son recently upgraded to a brand new PC preinstalled with Windows 11. The old PC that he used runs Windows 10. In Windows 11, he cannot send requests for more time. Nor can I grant more time for him. However, on the PC running Windows 10, it works just fine. He is using a...
  7. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  8. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  9. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...