Windows 10: Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Discus and support Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jlabban, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jlabban Win User

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one of the two computers. In my Microsoft account, I noticed that under her account it says:

Devices connected to this account: 1

Who can I fix this issue to allow me to track her computer activity on the second computer?

Thanks!

:)

jlabban, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if child account is not setup correctly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "It brings me to the family safety website alright, but it will not add the computer to the child account", are you referring of adding the device as trusted for the child account in the family safety?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Family safety and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

The link you provided is the general microsoft family help page. There are no articles about my issue.

LorenCarlson, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

1. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child - Similar Threads - Family Saftey Adding

2. Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue: Hi, I am attempting to add a child through the family section on Xbox and it is asking for 50p to be added to the child account before I can do this. My issue is that on my Microsoft account on the section to add funds on to child's account it continuously says please try...
  3. Microsoft family child removal not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft family child removal not working: I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I would be removed from the family. After restarting the computer I still had to ask to use google, when I clicked the ask by...
  4. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  5. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop: I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists....
  6. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...
  7. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  8. Remove child from Windows family account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove child from Windows family account: I get a message that "You'll need to remove consent first". Then I have to select manage my child's profile, then select remove consent from this child's account. When I do the above I get the following screen information: Manage permissions In the United States, South...
  9. Adding Family Account

Adding Family Account: Hi all I recently completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but found I could not log onto a family account I had made for my grandson. I eventually decided to delete the account and create a new one. I successfully deleted the account but now when I try to create a new...
  10. Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10: UPDATE: Email from Microsoft. Hi, Microsoft family features now empower busy parents like you to more easily tailor experiences in the Microsoft ecosystem for each family member. We are introducing several new features and improvements, and we want to let you know...