Windows 10: Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Discus and support Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jlabban, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jlabban Win User

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one of the two computers. In my Microsoft account, I noticed that under her account it says:

Devices connected to this account: 1

Who can I fix this issue to allow me to track her computer activity on the second computer?

Thanks!

:)

jlabban, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if child account is not setup correctly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "It brings me to the family safety website alright, but it will not add the computer to the child account", are you referring of adding the device as trusted for the child account in the family safety?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Family safety and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

The link you provided is the general microsoft family help page. There are no articles about my issue.

LorenCarlson, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

1. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child - Similar Threads - Family Saftey Adding

2. family saftey plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family saftey plan: I never signed up for the family safety plan and I don’t see where my son is in my family plan but yet he can’t use google chrome on his computer because he needs permission how do you fix this issue...
  3. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  4. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  5. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

6. family saftey

family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  7. family saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  8. family saftey

9. Error adding child to family

Error adding child to family: Trying to add a child to my family group. After going through and giving consent, I get this error screen. MS support has told me there's nothing they can do about it and they referred me here. Is anyone able to help with this?...
  10. family saftey

family saftey: so my kid has only had her windows laptop two day and this family saftey has blocked every web site every game that she is unable to use her laptop i called there help line and there answer was here a search list for you to look up the problem that you have been looking up...