Windows 10: family saftey

Discus and support family saftey in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paragrahangdale, Apr 23, 2022.

1. family saftey

my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this

:)

paragrahangdale, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Fbond Win User

family saftey

My parent is no longer in charge of my laptop she moved out , but she installed family saftey on my laptop and i wanna remove it . But i cant because i dont know her passwrod for her account on my laptop . How can i take it off?

Fbond, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Can I set up an account protected by family saftey without it being a Microsoft Account?

In Windows 8, we had an account on the family computer called 'Kids'. It was a local account without a password, that was protected by family saftey. It was to be used by any kids in the family who came to visit.

When we upgraded to Windows 10, the family safety was gone. The new system says it needs a new Microsoft Account to use family saftey, but we want an account for ALL kids to use, JUST on this PC.

A local account made perfect sense, but doesn't seem to be an option any more.

What should we do to make a universal account for all kids to use, that has family saftey?

Has anyone else had to work around this problem?

Anita Farrow, Apr 23, 2022
  4. srk_in_co Win User

family saftey

Family Saftey is broken & can be totally bypassed. Will it be fixed?

Please re-read my post. All your questions are answered there.

Here are some quotes:

1. Are you signing in with the Administrator Account?

"Any Standard User, even when using a Microsoft Account in a family and designated as a Child, can remove all Family Safety coverage." So, not an Admin Account but a Standard User Account.

2. What do you mean by the statement Family Safety is now broken?

"Family Saftey ... can be totally bypassed". That is "broken" by any measure if your security can be bypassed.

Here are the steps to reproduce: "In 'Change Account Settings', in 'Your Account', select 'Sign in with a local account instead'. This makes the user a local user and outside of Family Safety." Thus "Users can now add and remove themselves at
    will" from Family Safety. Time restrictions and usage tracking are unenforceable.

3. Since when are you facing the issue?

This is a Windows 10 problem as indicated by tagging this post as Windows 10. Since Windows 10 has been released for about 30 days, it is new.

I'd highly recommend trying the steps I included, then escalating this before you have a fiasco on your hands. I'm already looking at other solutions due to your response.

srk_in_co, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

family saftey

1. family saftey - Similar Threads - family saftey

2. Family saftey not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family saftey not working: I need to remove family safety because it is not allowing me to access important websites for my tests. it says ask for permission to access but when it goes to the parent's side to let them access it, it doesn't work. I need to remove the family safety for this reason....
  3. Family saftey not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family saftey not working: I need to remove family safety because it is not allowing me to access important websites for my tests. it says ask for permission to access but when it goes to the parent's side to let them access it, it doesn't work. I need to remove the family safety for this reason....
  4. family saftey plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family saftey plan: I never signed up for the family safety plan and I don’t see where my son is in my family plan but yet he can’t use google chrome on his computer because he needs permission how do you fix this issue...
  5. family saftey plan

family saftey plan: I never signed up for the family safety plan and I don’t see where my son is in my family plan but yet he can’t use google chrome on his computer because he needs permission how do you fix this issue...
  6. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  7. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  8. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

9. family saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456
  10. family saftey

family saftey: my child is able to leave the family group by adjusting his age above 18 in his microsoft account, so as to get leave family group option. what should i do to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-saftey/5e76e33f-7a7d-4681-8e93-ad881bba9456