Windows 10: Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop

Discus and support Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can someone help me set up time limits correctly for my child?Here is what I want to set up:Give my child a 2 hour screen time on his laptop between 8... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rahamimlevi, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop

Can someone help me set up time limits correctly for my child?Here is what I want to set up:Give my child a 2 hour screen time on his laptop between 8 am and 8 pmI don't want to limit any app in his laptop just lock the screen after 2 hours if required we will temporarily unlock the laptop to close any running apps.limit my child to 1 hour of XBOX playing time.I tried setting this up but here is what I got:What am I doing wrong?Thanks in advance

:)

Rahamimlevi, Jul 17, 2021

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Ability to extend screen time for child stopped working?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with setting time limits for your child using Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Time limits is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup time limits correctly or not.

Set limits for when and how your child uses the PC

Filter inappropriate apps and games

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop

1. Family screen limit is not working correctly on my child's laptop - Similar Threads - Family screen limit

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?

Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?: I set up my son's laptop on Family Safety and set screen limits. At first this was working fine. However the screen limits I have set no longer seem to work. He can still use the laptop outside of the times and duration I have set. Oddly the app still shows that he has gone...
  6. Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the Family Safety screen limits not working?: I set up my son's laptop on Family Safety and set screen limits. At first this was working fine. However the screen limits I have set no longer seem to work. He can still use the laptop outside of the times and duration I have set. Oddly the app still shows that he has gone...
  7. Family safety screen time limits not working

Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  8. Screen time limits are not working correctly

Screen time limits are not working correctly: I have my son's account set to 7 hours of screen time a day across all devices, with the allowed hours between 9am and midnight. It seems like he has been using the PC more than the seven hours lately and I checked this in Microsoft Family. Looking at his recent activity, it...
  9. family account app time limits not working correctly

family account app time limits not working correctly: In the past week, my child account is limiting chrome access. I checked the time limits and they are turned off, so i am not sure why she is running out of time. She can request additional time, but when i go in to approve the request it says that the issue is taken care of...
  10. Child Time limits not working

Child Time limits not working: My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his...