Windows 10: Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

Discus and support Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FreakenEpicFire, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen time settings and is now stuck with it. I was unable to find a way to remove it and decided I would just deal with it by resetting the time to 7:00 am or above so that it unlocks. But recently its starting to get on my nerves as if I forgot to reset my time to 7:00 am at the time of getting off for the night I would have to restart my pc so that way I can change it, and its started to lock me out if I have spent too much time on the pc I got around this by changing the date temporarily. Now I wanted to fix it but I just kept being caught up with other things and I am finally trying to do it now. I am first trying this the ask the community and then if I don't get something that'll fix it, I'll be contacting support. Thank you in advance for anyone that helps with my issue.

:)

FreakenEpicFire, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

1. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off - Similar Threads - Family Screen still

2. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  3. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  4. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  6. why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off

why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off: hi, I finally become an administrator and I switch off time limits I checked the app limits again and again and everything looks normal and it also says app limits are turned off and same as my last article how to be an administrator in microsoft family features please...
  7. family screen time turned off yet still locking pc

family screen time turned off yet still locking pc: i wanted to set up screen time for myself and created a alt account that wasn't signed into my pc, when i got locked out and removed screen time restrictions and even disbanded the family, i still cannot use my pc as it shows the same locked out message requiring me to...
  8. Family safety screen time will not turn off

Family safety screen time will not turn off: My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox. He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through...
  9. Screen Time isn’t Turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Time isn’t Turning off.: I haven’t used my laptop in a while, and when I went to go use it it said I still had screen time limits on. On my mom’s profile, it says that all restrictions are turned off. But it still stays locked....
  10. Screen does not turn off after designated time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not turn off after designated time: This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically, the problem is this: Even though my power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 2 hours (screen saver setting...