Windows 10: family screen time not working

Discus and support family screen time not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, my windows 10 has family screen time on but my mom accidentally removed me from the family and im an administrator on my pc. when the family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ralphpanon, May 13, 2019.

1. family screen time not working

hi, my windows 10 has family screen time on but my mom accidentally removed me from the family and im an administrator on my pc.

when the family screen time pops up, when i press send a request it tells me something went wrong and when i press my parent is here,

it tells me (since your and administrator you need to ask for permission) and I have tried factory resetting and other troubleshooting but it just goes up to like 20% then it says failed what do i do?

:)

ralphpanon, May 13, 2019
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, May 13, 2019
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 13, 2019
  4. family screen time not working

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 13, 2019
Thema:

family screen time not working

1. family screen time not working - Similar Threads - family screen working

2. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  3. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  4. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family safety screen time limits not working

Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  6. Family Screen Time

Family Screen Time: Hello, Recently I've been migrating from google to Microsoft, added myself to the family group which BTW I had to setup and create an account for my mother since she barely knows anything about technology. Screen time used to work normally on the google account. But since...
  7. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?: I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?...
  8. family screen time

family screen time: so I am a child and I want to sign out of family Microsoft family Microsoft can you please fix this allow children to leave family please I will do anything because it keeps glitching instead of giving me an hour it gives me 30 minutes please reset my screen time thank you...
  9. Family Screen time

Family Screen time: Windows 10. All up to date. I have 3 children who I have set up screen time limits for - 30minutes on weekdays and 1 hour on weekends. However in the weekly reports they have been on for 2, 3 or even more hours per day. Some days it works and they receive 15 minute, 2...
  10. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows family screen not working