Windows 10: Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working

Discus and support Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Family Screen Time restrictions set up on my childs account. When the time limit is reached the screen DOES lock, telling the child... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StevenJackson3, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working

I have Microsoft Family Screen Time restrictions set up on my childs account.

When the time limit is reached the screen DOES lock, telling the child their time is up, and lets them contact me to request more time. All good.

However, she plays VR on this PC (Oculus Rift) and the Screen Time lock does NOT prevent it from working. Even when the PC monitor is locked, they can just put the VR headset on, and it keeps working (i.e. the displays in the headset do not lock, Oculus applications all still work, Oculus Handsets are still registered and work properly, etc.).

This means that the Screen Time restrictions are useless for VR.

Is this a know issue? Is there any way to make the PC also block the Oculus Rift?

Many thanks.

:)

StevenJackson3, Jan 26, 2019
  2. SquidFox Win User
    SquidFox, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Computer crash with Oculus Rift

Hi,

My Computer and Oculus Rift VR Screens go black while using the Vr glasses and crash. I was not fast enough to take a Picture of the Crash info after the reboot. Seems to be a graphics Card Problem. System ran stabile for 4 months without any Problems.
    This is just recent.

minidump_sysinfo32_System Specs from OneDrive

BSOD

Thanks

MichaelTousek, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working

How many sensors with the Oculus Rift?

At your link it says 1 sensor included.

• Oculus Rift VR headset
    • Oculus Touch
    • 2 touch controllers
    • 1 sensor
    • Rock Band connector
    • etc.

Minimum system requirements

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 or greater OR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 / AMD R9 290 or greater

Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 / AMD FX4350 or greater
    Memory: 8GB+
    Video output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
    USB ports: 1 USB 3.0 port plus 2 USB 2.0 ports

It also says it is for Windows 10, so I'll move this to the Windows 10 Gaming forum

Bill Smithers, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working

1. Family Screen Time restrictions do not stop VR (Oculus Rift) from working - Similar Threads - Family Screen restrictions

2. Oculus Rift S

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oculus Rift S: I bought an oculus rift s because I have always wanted to play Elite Dangerous in VR and found out to my dismay it has a windows 10 requirement. (I previously had not had the desired specs to run the games i wanted so i didnt see it beneficial to me to go with windows 10)...
  3. Minecraft for Windows VR with Rift S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows VR with Rift S: I'm posting here cause I'm not getting any response on the Oculus forums. Maybe I have better luck here. I'm writing here on behalf of my 10yr old nephew. I don't know much about VR stuff. He's having trouble launching Minecraft VR. He was Minecraft for Windows installed on...
  4. DisplayPort/Oculus Rift S Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DisplayPort/Oculus Rift S Issues: So I'm using a custom built computer I built myself with an i9-9900k, a GTX 1080 ti and 32 GB of RAM, three monitors and an Oculus Rift S. I have the primary monitor hooked up via HDMI 2.0, secondary monitor using DVI, and the third hooked up via DisplayPort. The Oculus...
  5. Oculus Rift headset USB problems

Oculus Rift headset USB problems: Hi All, I have 2 issues with my Oculus Rift CV1 headset. Firstly I keep getting error code 31 - USB Device failed to reset. This is on boot up. Second issue is the headset being reported as USB 2.0 when it should be USB 3.0. I have tried all my USB 3.0 ports...
  6. IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during usage of Oculus Rift

IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during usage of Oculus Rift: I have recently purchased the Oculus Rift and since purchasing it, I have been getting blue screens with the stop code IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have looked up many threads to try and remedy the situation from uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers to switching...
  7. Introducing the new Oculus Rift S VR headset at GDC 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Oculus Rift S VR headset at GDC 2019: Today at GDC, we unveiled Oculus Rift S—a new VR headset that combines the convenience of built-in Oculus Insight tracking technology with the full power of your PC. Built on the Rift platform, Rift S gives gamers and tech enthusiasts access to the most immersive content that...
  8. How many sensors with the Oculus Rift?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many sensors with the Oculus Rift?: Hi, i was going to buy an oculus rift however i wanted to know how many sensors come in the oculus rift+ touch bundle? If it is only one sensor will I need to buy another sensor to play vr? Thanks in advance! (Here is the link to the bundle...
  9. Microsoft Store adds new Oculus Rift VR demos powered by Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store adds new Oculus Rift VR demos powered by Windows 10: Explore new worlds and adventures with expanded VR game lineup [img] Microsoft Store continues to make it easier than ever for customers to experience virtual reality by rolling out four new VR game demos on Oculus Rift, powered by Windows 10, this week. Customers can...
  10. Microsoft Stores Now Offering Minecraft VR Demos on Oculus Rift

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Stores Now Offering Minecraft VR Demos on Oculus Rift: j-Nfe5fc-xU Calling all Minecraft players! Explore the world of Minecraft through virtual reality in a fully immersive demo experience exclusively at select Microsoft Stores. Team Minecraft at Mojang and Microsoft have been working with their partners at Oculus to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oculus rift screeen time not working