Windows 10: Family screentime

Discus and support Family screentime in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if I can find out the last time my son had screentime. How farr back might someone be able to access? I've only found 1/11/20... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GaryDahl1, Jan 25, 2020.

1. GaryDahl1 Win User

Family screentime

Hello,

I was wondering if I can find out the last time my son had screentime. How farr back might someone be able to access? I've only found 1/11/20 to 1/18/20 and it's the 25th of January.

Thanks

:)

GaryDahl1, Jan 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 Family screentime still restricting people no longer in the family

Hi Darrell,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you follow the steps below to completely remove the Microsoft account family safety feature for your son's account.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    You may also check this
    link
    to turn off family features.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family Screentime error

Hi, I'd like to address a problem I've been having with the Microsoft family plan. About 3 weeks ago my Father removed me from his Microsoft family so that I can have more time online to work. However when he removed me from his Family plan, my computer
    has still been locking me out, saying that "This device is locked out because of your family settings for screen time. You can use it again on (Such and such date, such and such time), or ask an adult for more time today." The thing is, when this problem first
    popped up I was no longer in his family. So when I tried clicking one of the three options, "Switch users" "My parent is here" or "Send a Request" all that I got was a grey screen,

- if I clicked "Switch users" obviously it would send me back to the lock menu.

-if I clicked "My parent is here" my screen would be completely grey, I could still access the Windows+X menu, but nothing else would be visible on my screen.

-if I clicked "Send a request" it would simply say "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?"

Now before I get a ton of replies simply saying "This is how your dad can remove your account from the family." You need to recall: he removed me from his Family plan.

I was no longer in his family, as far as WE could both see, I was no longer a member of his Microsoft family, he didn't have any access to my account, whatsoever. Now I tried a lot of solutions on my side of things to this problem, to see if I could trick
    the system into thinking "Hey, this kid is in a new family" "Hey, this kid has a family" etc. These are some examples:

1: I setup a new family with my alt account, with My main account (the one that has the glitched screentime) being the Parent. This did not fix the problem, of course.

2: After 1 failed, I thought 'Maybe the system needs to think I'm a new child with new screentime access." I simply made another family with my Alternate account as the parent, and I gave myself screentime to give me access, to a time when I was "locked
    out" by my old screen time in my fathers family. Still up to speed with me? Alright. This didn't work either, even if I told myself that I was locked out at times that I was free to browse in my fathers screen plan. Nothing changed, (IE: My fathers family
    plan was MONDAY: 3:30PPM-9:00PM, I'd set my NEW screen time to MONDAY: 9:00PM-10:00PM, I'd access my account at sometime between 3-9, it would still grant my entry, but when I tried accessing my account at 9:30, it would lock me out, even though the new family
    screen time plan says otherwise.)

3: Finally after being a bit fed up now, I asked my dad to let me rejoin his Microsoft family right now (I'm still in his family) and change the screentime on his end, so that maybe the system sees "Hey! this guy changed the times his child can log in again,
    we'd better correct ourselves now." But nothing changed again!

We tried everything on our end to get me to be freed from his old screentime plan, to no avail. After 3 whole weeks of trying to solve this on my end, I decided to just call tech support and have them help me out from THEIR end, instead of chasing a golden
    goose on MY end. The nice conversation I had with the techie simply told me that I either had to

A: get access on my dads account and change it (which I tried)

B: get my dad to pay $50 to fix this error.

C: simply go on the forum and try to find the solution here.

So here I am, square one. I'd love it if someone were to contact me as soon as possible to fix this, because as you can imagine, it is very nonprogressive when I have an essay that's due tomorrow, just to not have enough time to finish it, and be cutoff
    at 9.

Thank you.

Ashton Yeomans, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Family screentime

Changing family screentime doesn't take effect

My child is locked out of screentime, so I change screentime setting to include the current time. Still won't let the kid log in. Devices all up to date. Logged out, restarted. Screentime settings show correctly, child is still locked out.

This keeps happening. Screentime would be an excellent feature, but it's ridiculously unreliable. Would work for a few days or weeks, then it just quits. Nothing changes on our end: same users, accounts, etc. I just want to be able to adjust settings as
    intended. Please Microsoft get this right!

JuditBalassa, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Family screentime

1. Family screentime - Similar Threads - Family screentime

2. How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...: the screentime time zone doesn't match the time zone we are in nor the time zone on our devices. I have to constantly change screentime because it's set for Spain we lived there for 10 months last year we bought all of our devices in the US and it switched over fine when we...
  3. How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...: the screentime time zone doesn't match the time zone we are in nor the time zone on our devices. I have to constantly change screentime because it's set for Spain we lived there for 10 months last year we bought all of our devices in the US and it switched over fine when we...
  4. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  5. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  6. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

7. How do I turn off screentime notifcations on windows 11 Microsoft Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off screentime notifcations on windows 11 Microsoft Family Safety?: Is there a way to remove the 15 minute time limit pop up when my son is running out of screen time on his device?This was asked for Windows 10 before but doesn't seem to apply to Win11 anymore as the settings seem to have changed.Every time my son is about to run out of...
  8. How do I turn off screentime notifcations on windows 11 Microsoft Family Safety?

How do I turn off screentime notifcations on windows 11 Microsoft Family Safety?: Is there a way to remove the 15 minute time limit pop up when my son is running out of screen time on his device?This was asked for Windows 10 before but doesn't seem to apply to Win11 anymore as the settings seem to have changed.Every time my son is about to run out of...
  9. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...
  10. Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost

Family Safety shows reinstalled computer as multiple devices and screentime statistics lost: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my child's laptop this week. Now the reinstalled device shows as three different devices in the Family Safety profile. Moreover, in account.microsoft.com for my child we can see only one device as expected.In this screenshot we can see that...