Windows 10: family set up

Discus and support family set up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to set up my family's 3 computers. I just finished setting up my first computer and all my files from my home computer are now showing up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Schiehser, May 13, 2020.

1. Schiehser Win User

family set up

I am trying to set up my family's 3 computers. I just finished setting up my first computer and all my files from my home computer are now showing up on my daughter's new laptop. This is after I set up it up so that she signs in the computer as a local user. I'm confused now and need to have me as an administrator with my MSA and each of my family's computers as local users with my subscriptions in play. Thanks for your help.

:)

Schiehser, May 13, 2020

2. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 13, 2020
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

family set up

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2020
Thema:

family set up

1. family set up - Similar Threads - family set

2. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  3. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  4. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy: I now have a Family Safety Account on this page, and was emailed about it telling me certain settings had been applied for me, and to go and change themMicrosoft Family SafetyI want to know what how these various settings affect the information MS are collecting from my...
  5. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy: I now have a Family Safety Account on this page, and was emailed about it telling me certain settings had been applied for me, and to go and change themMicrosoft Family SafetyI want to know what how these various settings affect the information MS are collecting from my...
  6. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?: I am trying to add screen time restrictions for all apps/games/programs on my Windows computer but the list is nowhere near comprehensive. Am I able to add programs to the Screen Time section of Microsoft Family, so I can manage their usage?...
  8. Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?

Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?: I am trying to add screen time restrictions for all apps/games/programs on my Windows computer but the list is nowhere near comprehensive. Am I able to add programs to the Screen Time section of Microsoft Family, so I can manage their usage?...
  9. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...
  10. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...