Windows 10: Family settings locked out

Discus and support Family settings locked out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JoWood1, Mar 10, 2020.

1. JoWood1 Win User

Family settings locked out

My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong and then they are locked out and I'm not sure what to do

:)

JoWood1, Mar 10, 2020

2. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 10, 2020
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Family settings locked out - Similar Threads - Family settings locked

2. Family Safety locking daughter out of laptop.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety locking daughter out of laptop.: I have Microsoft Family Safety on my daughter's Windows laptop. Years ago we had time limits for her. I have been managing everything in the app. I can not get her laptop to stop locking her out. I have removed time limits, I have tried to remove her and then it tells me I am...
  3. Family Safety locking daughter out of laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety locking daughter out of laptop.: I have Microsoft Family Safety on my daughter's Windows laptop. Years ago we had time limits for her. I have been managing everything in the app. I can not get her laptop to stop locking her out. I have removed time limits, I have tried to remove her and then it tells me I am...
  4. Family Safety locking daughter out of laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  6. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  7. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time

Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time: My son's laptop is completely blocked from use by rogue Microsoft Family screen time settings. We can get to the login screen and log in, but are immediately presented with a "Times Up" dialog box that says "This device is locked because of your family settings for screen...
  9. Family settings locking my computer

Family settings locking my computer: last night my computer said that family settings now had a time limit and i could not use google chrome anymore today. i asked my mom to fix the setting thinking she changed it but she says she hasnt touched it. now today i only have 30 minutes access to chrome even though...
  10. Child locked out of Chrome, but removing from family settings hasn't helped

Child locked out of Chrome, but removing from family settings hasn't helped: My daughter's computer was set up with Microsoft Family Settings but we didn't restrict time or access to Chrome. Today she was unable to open Microsoft Chrome she's been using it for years because of family settings. It told her to contact an adult. I looked at the...