Windows 10: Family settings locking my computer

Discus and support Family settings locking my computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; last night my computer said that family settings now had a time limit and i could not use google chrome anymore today. i asked my mom to fix the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NNT12R4, Apr 21, 2020.

1. NNT12R4 Win User

Family settings locking my computer

last night my computer said that family settings now had a time limit and i could not use google chrome anymore today. i asked my mom to fix the setting thinking she changed it but she says she hasnt touched it. now today i only have 30 minutes access to chrome even though our family settings for screen time are turned off. i left the family but i still get a message saying i can no longer access google today and i have to ask permission which is making it difficult for me to do my college classes.

:)

NNT12R4, Apr 21, 2020

2. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 21, 2020
  3. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Family settings locking my computer

family set up needed

Hi,

Microsoft family features are designed to help you keep tabs on your kids' computer and online activities. To set up a Family account on your phone, we suggest that you visit this
    link and check the steps under
    Set up My Family so a child can download apps and games.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Family settings locking my computer

1. Family settings locking my computer - Similar Threads - Family settings locking

2. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  3. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  4. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family computer time settings

Family computer time settings: I am confused as to how screen time is counted. I am led to believe that when I press the on button on the computer, the timer starts. The timer continues counting throughout the session. But this is where I’m confused. Does the timer stop when the computer is out in sleep...
  6. This device is locked because of family settings for screen time

in Windows 10 News
    This device is locked because of family settings for screen time: If on your Windows 10 computer, you aren’t able to log in and you see a message that This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time, then this post might help you solve this problem. Such an issue occurs when you have set up a screen time limit for your...
  7. Family settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family settings: So the family settings where not working. I took off a time restriction hours ago and then when I went to check it it said something like “something went wrong are you connected to the internet?” I figured I’d reset the computer and look if it worked. It didn’t work at all so...
  8. Family settings locked out

Family settings locked out: My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong and then they are locked out and I'm not sure what to do...
  9. Settings on my computer are locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings on my computer are locked: Basically what my issue is is that options that should normally be toggleable are grayed out and locked. I am the administrator of the computer, but there is no way for me to fix this as of now. Though most of the things that are locked don't handicap me from doing anything...
  10. Set up my Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up my Family: Afternoon I want to ask how to fix my Family Set up if my parents don't have Microsoft phone and computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-my-family/a5700763-b6a6-4901-8a21-0f45a42ae530