Windows 10: Family Settings Times

Discus and support Family Settings Times in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just set up Family account as my kids now have their own devices but the reporting time is not correct. Even though all devices are set to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VBLinca, Oct 26, 2019.

1. VBLinca Win User

Family Settings Times

I have just set up Family account as my kids now have their own devices but the reporting time is not correct. Even though all devices are set to the same region and timezone the activity reports don't match the days and times my kids are on their devices. In addition when I log into my microsoft account and ask to veiw recent activity the last week date range is actually from two weeks ago and the date listed under today is 6 days out of date even thoough I have just set the account up. How can I update these date settings to be accurate for my timezone?

:)

VBLinca, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Family Settings Times

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Family Settings Times

1. Family Settings Times - Similar Threads - Family Settings Times

2. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...
  3. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...
  4. screen times/ family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  5. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  6. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family computer time settings

Family computer time settings: I am confused as to how screen time is counted. I am led to believe that when I press the on button on the computer, the timer starts. The timer continues counting throughout the session. But this is where I’m confused. Does the timer stop when the computer is out in sleep...
  8. Time With Family, Time For Family

Time With Family, Time For Family: Btw, this is an especially good time to take a look at these things [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-with-family-time-for-family/38e2bbc4-70ea-4364-a15d-9038e180c626
  9. Set maximum gaming time for family

Set maximum gaming time for family: I wish to limit the maximun gaming time on each PC in my family, during a 24 hrs. time period, for instance a max. of 25 minutes a day and no more, no matter whether in the morning or during the evenings hours. Any suggestion? PC operating system: windows 10. ***Modified...
  10. Setting screen time in MS Family

Setting screen time in MS Family: As I see I can only set a screen time for my child with a minimum of 30 minutes. Can I change it and adjust the settings so I could set a screen time like 3.30 – 4.15?...