Windows 10: Family sharing a game purchase

Discus and support Family sharing a game purchase in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Here's the thingDaughter asked me to buy her Minecraft a couple of months ago from the MS Store on our family PC. She sent me a request through family... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PaulHinds365, May 8, 2021.

1. Family sharing a game purchase

Here's the thingDaughter asked me to buy her Minecraft a couple of months ago from the MS Store on our family PC. She sent me a request through family sharing and I was duly relieved of £24.99.Today my son asked me to buy Minecraft. 'Ah' I said 'I bought that for your sister, so we should be able to share the game'. Anyway, I went onto my account and the purchase wasn't there. It turns out that the game only shows up on my daughters MS Store and there is no option to share it with anyone else in the family.I am a but stumped on what to do next. Do i fork out another £24.

:)

PaulHinds365, May 8, 2021

2. Family sharing of purchased games

My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able
    to download it and play it without having to purchase it again? If so, I will purchase it to share across our computers. However, if that is not possible I won't buy the game at all for our computers. Answers?

eddiewarren2, May 8, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can't find a purchased app on a family member log on

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and Settings. To share an application on a different account, kindly follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Initially, sign in to the child’s account on the computer and login to Microsoft Store using the Microsoft account that was used to purchase the game.
    • After logging in to Store, under the Microsoft Account you will see the list of
      Purchased Apps which can be installed for the signed in user.
    • Open Settings and select Your Account, click on
      Sign out option which would return the Store Settings to revert to the user account.

Additional Information: You may refer the article on
    Sharing Windows 10 Store Apps with your Family for further
    information.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 8, 2021
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Family sharing a game purchase

Family sharing of purchased games

Hi Eddie,

Unfortunately as far as I know, the Microsoft Store, Minecraft no less does not support family sharing. It is one character per account. Basically, if you purchase access to Minecraft, it technically entitles you to one user. So if your kids would share that
    one copy, they have to have the same credentials to log into the Minecraft launcher, which if it isn't a problem, sharing is feasible.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Ethan B., May 8, 2021
Thema:

Family sharing a game purchase

1. Family sharing a game purchase - Similar Threads - Family sharing game

2. How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?: I recently bought Minecraft on the Windows 11 Microsoft Store, and I am wondering if the Microsoft Store has a family purchase sharing feature like Google Play Family Library One person has to buy the game/app and the whole family has access to it. Is there a way to do it on...
  3. How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?: I recently bought Minecraft on the Windows 11 Microsoft Store, and I am wondering if the Microsoft Store has a family purchase sharing feature like Google Play Family Library One person has to buy the game/app and the whole family has access to it. Is there a way to do it on...
  4. Share a game with the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Share a game with the family: I have a family set up with Microsoft account me + my kid.I recently purchased from Microsoft Store the game Age of Empires and I want to share it also with the member of my family from MS account.How can I do that ?...
  5. Sharing MS Store purchases with family

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing MS Store purchases with family: I purchased a copy of Minecraft with my parent account and was told that it could be shared with family members on my PC however I don't see an option to install it on my child account when I login. Can you tell me how I can do this?...
  6. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  7. Game share with family accounts on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game share with family accounts on same computer: Is there a way to share without each account having to install the game again? For example, I have FS2020 installed but when my son tries to start the game under his login, it wants to install the 100GB again. Steam only requires one installation. We can get around that by...
  8. Game sharing with family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...
  9. Sharing purchases within family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing purchases within family group: I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these microtransactions within your family group??? Thank you...
  10. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...