Windows 10: Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email?

Discus and support Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would love to know if there is somewhere in the microsoft Family page where I can choose to extend screen time in different increments, like the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EditDog, Jun 12, 2019.

1. EditDog Win User

Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email?

I would love to know if there is somewhere in the microsoft Family page where I can choose to extend screen time in different increments, like the email I get when my child asks for more time.

:)

EditDog, Jun 12, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Clipp Win User
    Screen time will not extend

Hello, I have a child as a family member. When she asks for more screen time no request is received by myself. When I try to extend or change screen time without the request, nothing changes. They are still locked out and I am unable to extend or remove
    screen time limits. This happens multiple times. It does not fix itself when I restart, reboot or sign out/sign in again on both computers (mine or a microsoft family account accessed form any device). This is really, frustrating. I have followed the suggestions
    from other forums and the suggestion on the family help page (reboot computer).

Thank you for your help.

Clipp, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Ability to extend screen time for child stopped working?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with setting time limits for your child using Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Time limits is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup time limits correctly or not.

Set limits for when and how your child uses the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Family Time - Can I extend time limits without the email? - Similar Threads - Family extend limits

2. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  3. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  4. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  5. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  6. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  7. Family Safety Time Limit Emails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Time Limit Emails: I would like to know if it’s possible to not be sent an email when my kids are requesting additional screen time? We have the app downloaded on our phones and we always approve or deny the request of the app. We don’t want our inbox being clogged with redundant emails. Is it...
  8. microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?

microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?: ok so basically my old account (closing rn) was prevoiusly a part of a microsoft family account, listed as a child and there was a 2 hour time limit set from years back when my account was controlled by my dad. but i signed in with it (forgetting it was a child account) and...
  9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....