Windows 10: Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Discus and support Family Time Restrictions and Glitches. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WesleyCarlisle, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more time. The computer upon sending requests said "Sorry there was a problem" and we cant send it. He is also an admin so he cant approve in person. But the weirdest part is that I turned off the time restrictions for him as a last ditch effort and the computer is still blocked from the WiFi and we still get the "Time's Up" pop up. There is nothing wrong with our wife as we are hard wired with Ethernet cables and all the other electronics are connected perfectly fine. He is able to log in to another computer but we want to be able to access this one. It seems like there something blocking the background refresh on the WiFi for this device only. Can we have a hand?

:)

WesleyCarlisle, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Parental control glitch.

Hi Austin,

There's a possibility that the account encountered some corruption with the recent changes made on it. We suggest removing the current child/family member's account and creating a new one. Kindly follow the steps below on how to remove it:

• Sign in with your Microsoft account using this
      link.

• To remove a child, find their name, select More options >
      Remove from family.

After successfully removing it, you can then create the account again using the steps provided in this article:
    Add members to your Microsoft family. Once the account is ready, set the restrictions for the account again.
    Here is another article that has information on how to set restrictions:
    Set restrictions for your child on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

1. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches. - Similar Threads - Family Restrictions Glitches

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Time Restrictions Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  5. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  6. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack: there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click on Time Restrictions...
  8. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  9. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  10. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions: Now I’m not sure how this has happened but I have the built-in administrator account active and it’s telling me that the time has run out as if it were a child account in a Microsoft family. I can’t imagine how it would have been added to a family without a microsoft account...