Windows 10: Family time restrictions apps and games, disable does nothing

Discus and support Family time restrictions apps and games, disable does nothing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey, As of today my son has received a popup to ask for permission to use Firefox. I did not change anything in our family settings, this appeared on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pelauk, Apr 16, 2020.

1. pelauk Win User

Family time restrictions apps and games, disable does nothing

Hey,

As of today my son has received a popup to ask for permission to use Firefox. I did not change anything in our family settings, this appeared on its own.

The popup has a button to ask for permission to use the app; it sends an email to me which gives me the options to give him "more time" on the app, or to go to my app and games settings. Choosing one of these options does absolutely nothing. He does not get any notification that time has been added, or removing time restrictions from Firefox, or even ALL apps, does nothing noticeable.

This is extremely annoying, especially when he is supposed to be doing school work on the PC currently. Instead I have been fighting against restrictions that I did not set!

We've also tried logging out and back in with his account after restriction changes, to no effect.

How can I either, get rid of these restrictions completely, or fix it so the changes actually do something?

:)

pelauk, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 16, 2020
  3. elanoides Win User
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click
    on Time Restrictions which will be near the top then click on End Task it will let you have unlimited time even if you have set up time restrictions.

elanoides, Apr 16, 2020
  4. motodwaa Win User

Game Time Restrictions

Hi, im trying to figure out how to add time restrictions specifically to games. I have normal time restrictions active, but i want to be able to restrict game time as well. Thanks

motodwaa, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Family time restrictions apps and games, disable does nothing - Similar Threads - Family restrictions apps

2. Time Restrictions Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  3. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  4. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack: there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click on Time Restrictions...
  6. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  7. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  8. Game Time Restrictions

Game Time Restrictions: Hi, im trying to figure out how to add time restrictions specifically to games. I have normal time restrictions active, but i want to be able to restrict game time as well. Thanks...
  9. Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Family Restrictions while accessing apps: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  10. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...