Windows 10: Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ??

Discus and support Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have one game on my daughter's laptop that I have been unable to block or place any restrictions on using Microsoft Family. This game is Osu!... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MerlynUK, Apr 28, 2020.

1. MerlynUK Win User

Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ??

I have one game on my daughter's laptop that I have been unable to block or place any restrictions on using Microsoft Family.

This game is Osu!

Every time I try to enable blocking, whenever I go back to the App and Game Limits page it is unblocked again.

Would the fact that the game has an exclamation mark in its name, and the executable I think?? cause this issue as this is often used as a wildcard character in computing and so may be incompatible with the app limiting algorithm?

Many thanks

Mark.

:)

MerlynUK, Apr 28, 2020

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 28, 2020
  3. How can I block specific apps or games in MS family safety

Hi Keith,

To prevent child accounts from accessing the apps online, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in using the parent account on this
      link
    • Select the child account profile that you want to manage.
    • Click More, and then select Apps, games & media.
    • Check the app that you want to block under Block inappropriate apps and games.

You can also manage other online safety settings on the same page.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ??

How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ??

1. Family won't block an App or Game with an exclamation mark in its name ! ?? - Similar Threads - Family won't block

2. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  3. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  4. Windows apps exclamation mark issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps exclamation mark issue: Hi, recently i tried to kill lsass.exe, but after reboot i have an exclamation mark on some apps and some even crashes or they're gray like calculator calendar clock etc. Can someone please help me? It's such a big red flag for me....
  5. Windows apps exclamation mark issue

Windows apps exclamation mark issue: Hi, recently i tried to kill lsass.exe, but after reboot i have an exclamation mark on some apps and some even crashes or they're gray like calculator calendar clock etc. Can someone please help me? It's such a big red flag for me....
  6. Greyed Out App With Exclamation Mark

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Greyed Out App With Exclamation Mark: When I try to use Microsoft Store, the application icon is greyed out with an exclamation mark. When I click on it, nothing happens, and even when I go to the Microsoft Store website I can't download anything because when I click download nothing happens. How do I fix this?...
  7. Greyed Out Apps With Exclamation Mark

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Greyed Out Apps With Exclamation Mark: When I try to use Microsoft Store, the application icon is greyed out with an exclamation mark. When I click on it, nothing happens, and even when I go to the Microsoft Store website I can't download anything because when I click download nothing happens. How do I fix this?...
  8. Exclamation mark beside bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exclamation mark beside bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc: Exclamation mark beside Bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc. since the pc is not discoverable I cannot connect any Bluetooth device ex my bluetooth headphone troubleshooting my end : 1) removed drivers through device manager restarted - no luck. 2) when I...
  9. Battery has triangle with exclamation mark and won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery has triangle with exclamation mark and won't charge: I have a MCR 1015 Idea Play 10.1 tablet and when I try to charge it nothing happens. I did the hard start pressing the on/off button and volume button at same time only to see a battery symbol with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark. What can I do?...
  10. All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.

All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.: Hello guys, I have the problem that is descibed in my title. I found this forum by googling this problem and I've tried basically every powershell command I could find with no sucess and now I look for new ideas. I can't do an in-place upgrade (keeping files option is...