Windows 10: FamilySafety keeps crashing

Discus and support FamilySafety keeps crashing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just setup a brand new Win10 PC, upgraded all drivers, and without installing any new software, a Microsoft Family app continually crashes. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JasonFreund, Oct 26, 2020.

1. FamilySafety keeps crashing

I just setup a brand new Win10 PC, upgraded all drivers, and without installing any new software, a Microsoft Family app continually crashes. The error seems to occur randomly, just clicking Windows Explorer, Windows Edge, or EventViewer. When the error occurs, it usually logs me out of Windows, but does not reboot the PC. In the EventViewer, I see:

MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: {7710C25F-4C98-45CF-A0F3-7094F97E8A54}, Enrollment Type: FamilySafety, CSP Name: AppLocker, Command Type: Clear: first phase of Delete, Result: ./Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGroup.

Event ID: 454

Level: Error

User: System

Source: DeviceManagement-Enterprise

As I mentioned, this is a brand new PC, all drivers are upgraded, and I've already tried stripping out unnecessary hardware extra RAM, extra HDD, Wifi dongle, and re-installing windows from scratch, but the problem immediately re-appeared. I've also run various chkdsk, memory validator, and windows verification tools, with no HW or SW errors reported.

The PC Hardware includes:

* CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

* Graphics: Zotac GEForce GTX 1650

* Storage: NVMe 256GB SSD

* RAM: 8GB 288 pin DDR4 2400

I've seen many reports of this problem online, but no suggestions for resolving it. My next step would be to try remove the logged in user from my Microsoft Family, but without parental controls, that would defeat the purpose of having a PC for my kid.

:)

JasonFreund, Oct 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Gencijs Win User

FamilySafety keeps crashing

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

FamilySafety keeps crashing

1. FamilySafety keeps crashing - Similar Threads - FamilySafety keeps crashing

2. Computer keeps crashing with crash dump.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing with crash dump.: Hi there, I'm having issues with my PC constantly crashing when I use a specific game in multiplayer mode. Then today when I was trying suggestions others had made about possibly correcting the issue it crashed again. I wasn't in the game or anything at all.The newest crash...
  3. Computer keeps crashing with crash dump.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps crashing with crash dump.: Hi there, I'm having issues with my PC constantly crashing when I use a specific game in multiplayer mode. Then today when I was trying suggestions others had made about possibly correcting the issue it crashed again. I wasn't in the game or anything at all.The newest crash...
  4. These keeps crashing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These keeps crashing...: These processes keeps crashing.. I can't use them at all..Even If I restart the process they won't work again.. I have to do is restart the pc it will work and then hours later they'll crashPhotos doesn't work anymore. I use a 3rd party software called ImageGlassImageglass...
  5. These keeps crashing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    These keeps crashing...: These processes keeps crashing.. I can't use them at all..Even If I restart the process they won't work again.. I have to do is restart the pc it will work and then hours later they'll crashPhotos doesn't work anymore. I use a 3rd party software called ImageGlassImageglass...
  6. Windows keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keep crashing: Windows keep crashing often, have tried multiple troubleshooting options - no help! Hardware diagnostics run by Dell report no issues either. Kindly help its just 6 months old laptop!...
  7. FamilySafety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    FamilySafety: Hello, i have an question what age can you leave microsoft family in Lithuania. Thanks -FamilySafetyBlocker.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familysafety/c5c5b2b4-c003-46fa-80ff-ea72d8e79502
  8. minecraft keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft keeps crashing: # # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00000000517b151f, pid=16264, tid=15596 # # JRE version: JavaTM SE Runtime Environment 8.0_51-b16 build 1.8.0_51-b16 # Java VM: Java HotSpotTM 64-Bit Server...
  9. Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeps Crashing: So I just upgraded to windows 10. I installed it on a new harddrive I bought. So there was nothing on the harddrive. I formated it and installed it. After I started using it, it sometimes randomly, or crashes, or freezez or just restarts. I've updated to the newest version of...
  10. Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy: Hello, I have the following Problem in Windows 10 Home: MDM-ConfigurationManager: Befehlsfehlerstatus. ID der Konfiguratonsquelle: ({AD68119A-6A55-47B2-9764-C6F533708987}), Registrierungstyp: (FamilySafety), CSP-Name: (AppLocker), Befehlstyp: (Add: from Replace or Add),...