Windows 10: Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility

Discus and support Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Winamp remains one of the most famous and popular media players even in 2018. The app hasn’t received a single update in nearly 5 years but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility

Winamp remains one of the most famous and popular media players even in 2018. The app hasn’t received a single update in nearly 5 years but the community is still using the media player on their Windows devices.

There are millions of users out there still running Winamp and waiting for the highly-anticipated update. The owner of Winamp promised major updates a while ago but the update never showed up.

Radionomy, the company that purchased Winamp from the original developers in 2014 has now confirmed that the famous media player is returning back with some improvements and the big release is scheduled for 2019.

Winamp also works on Windows 10 but the next update for the app will address compatibility issues. This is according to the changelog of the leaked app and the next update will also include improvements, fixes and optimizations.

Winamp is officially returning back as early as this week and the version 5.8 which leaked recently will get released officially this month.

Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility Winamp.jpg

The next version of Winamp has already leaked out with fixes for Windows 10 and it’s likely that the users will be able to try out new Winamp update this week or later this month.

“We have a really strong and important community. But everybody ‘knows’ that Winamp is dead, that we don’t work on it any more. This is not the case,” says Alexandre Saboundjian, CEO of Radionomy, the new developers of Winamp.

Winamp is also getting a mobile app and a new experience on the desktop next year but at this point, it’s not yet known when the major update would become available.

“There will be a completely new version next year, with the legacy of Winamp but a more complete listening experience. You can listen to the MP3s you may have at home, but also to the cloud, to podcasts, to streaming radio stations, to a playlist you perhaps have built,” he added.

The post Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2018
  3. internet connection error17 with minilyrics and winamp using windows 10

windows 10 , winamp and minilyrics. Worked for a week and now get Error code 17 Internet may be down. Done all the checks suggested. Using McAfee and have made winamp and minilyrics exceptions to fire wall. Any help much appreciated

RobertSolly_681, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Famous Winamp is returning back with improved Windows 10 compatibility - Similar Threads - Famous Winamp returning

2. Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?: I have an HP laptop with a Pentium Processor quad-core 1.6mhz, but for some reason it's not compatible with Windows 11. Is this just temporary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-compatability-be-improved/6b1a4532-f940-435f-8a58-760a4553e619
  3. Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 11 compatability be improved?: I have an HP laptop with a Pentium Processor quad-core 1.6mhz, but for some reason it's not compatible with Windows 11. Is this just temporary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-compatability-be-improved/6b1a4532-f940-435f-8a58-760a4553e619
  4. Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mutes Winamp 5.8: The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences will return to 0 when a new track is being played. It occurs even I pull it to 100. I don’t have this issue with other programs...
  5. Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp: I installed Winamp 5.8, and for some reason Windows 10 keeps muting it. The slider in App Volume and Device Preferences keeps returning to 0 when a new track is played, even after I pull it to 100. How do I turn this off, it is very silly? It doesnt happen with any other...
  6. did not return back

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    did not return back: 29.12.201****IE this transaction did not return back to my visa card it was just register https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-not-return-back/86f2c204-56d7-4ebb-8100-a8980335ac01"
  7. The 'Famous' Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'Famous' Black Screen: So, for some reason my desktop is going to black. a. It is custom-built. b. It boots, starts up Windows 10, sometimes brings up the log-in screen and then a second later it turns to black. Sometimes there is no log-in screen; just black. I have tried the following: 1....
  8. Famous media player Winamp new version with Windows 10 support leaks online

in Windows 10 News
    Famous media player Winamp new version with Windows 10 support leaks online: Remember Winamp? The popular media player for Windows is expected to make a comeback at some point. Winamp was launched by independent developers back in 1997 and it grew quickly popular with over 3 million downloads in a short span of time. In a couple of years, Winamp...
  9. Winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp: Digging through my other data drive, I found my Winamp installer. Always loved kickin the Llamas ^%# *Cool [img] 5974
  10. Winamp

in Windows 10 News
    Winamp: Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs 1418