Windows 10: Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

Discus and support Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop. If I hold down the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FZs.111, Oct 28, 2019.

1. FZs.111 Win User

Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop.

If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime.

I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of their answers solved my problem.

I've tried:

- Unchecking fast boot

- Running power troubleshooter

- Updating all drivers

- Doing a clean boot

But none of above solved the issue.

Thanks in advance, FZs

:)

FZs.111, Oct 28, 2019

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Pc fans start but no light in power button

A few days ago this problem started i made my PC put to sleep but when click my mouse or pressed keyboard buttons nothing happened. No light in mouse and keyboard then rebooted but did not help.

So removed all the cables.pressed the power button for 30 secs.And my PC started up. After this my PC started hanging at sleep. So I pressed the power button for a few secs while PC was on and fan were running
    a little faster. Switched off removed all cables pressed power button for 30secs boom it worked. Everytime this worked but now i shutdown pc and its not working.

Note: So now when i press the power button while pc is on sometimes fans run fast and sometimes processor fan goes off and when i turn on my pc sometimes keyboard light flaahes and switches off.

My pc specs

Win 7

Graphics Nvidia GeForce 6150 nforce 430

AMD Athlon X2 be2300 dual core 1.9GHz

Nanya Ram 1gb

Hitachi hdd 160gb

Bestec psu

Hope this helps you fix the problem.

LowAndGaming, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

Power light, fans still on after shut down

Pls help me solve the problems power light and fans still on after shut down. I tried many solution in Google also can't fix. After Recovery is can le but after automatically update the problem was back

[[ Moved from: Office / Install, upgrade and activate / Windows 10 / Office 2013 ]]

Chong Wai Hoong, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

1. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC - Similar Threads - Fan power lights

2. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  3. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  4. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  5. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  6. Pc fans and lights still on after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc fans and lights still on after shut down: Hi So I am having a problem with my pc where when i shut it down my fans and lights are still on and the only thing I am able to do is hold down my power button till it turns off....
  7. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...
  8. USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down: My laptop has two 3.0 ports and one 3.1 port Brand: HP Model: cx0140tx I usually use first 2 ports 3.0 for keyboard and mouse, recently i brought a gaming rgb mouse and was connected to 3.1 port. After shutting down mouse remained powered on, i tried plugging it out...
  9. Computer keeps shutting down but remains on (fans/lights all running)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down but remains on (fans/lights all running): Hello, I've tried literally everything I can think of so I'm hoping someone can help me. My computer recently started shutting down while in sleep mode, or more becoming unresponsive. I'd come back and tap the keyboard to wake the screen and nothing happened. The computer...
  10. Mouse light is turn on after shut down :/

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse light is turn on after shut down :/: Hello. Can you please help me to solve this problem. Mouse light is turn on after shut down. I have one solution. If I turn off FAST STARTUP,mouse light is turn off but then my pc turn on slower. Do you know another solution where I am not going to take damage on startup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix pc turned off but fan still on