Windows 10: Fan control on GPU

Discus and support Fan control on GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm running an Radeon HD 7950 with dual fans and recently I've noticed that neither fan runs continuously but rather one spins up after after the GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RunAway, Jan 17, 2020.

1. RunAway Win User

Fan control on GPU

I'm running an Radeon HD 7950 with dual fans and recently I've noticed that neither fan runs continuously but rather one spins up after after the GPU starts heating up and the other doesn't even come on at all until it's way higher than what I would like. I actually have two computers with this exact same card (Sapphire) and the fans on the other both spin low rpm continuously and spin up after it reaches higher temps. That's the way I would like for the other one to do. I installed...

Fan control on GPU

RunAway, Jan 17, 2020
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jan 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Fan control on GPU [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Fan control on GPU [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Jan 17, 2020
  4. AnD4D Win User

Fan control on GPU

GPU Problems since WIN10 update

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the PSU is more than enough for the GPU I'm using.

I installed SpeedFan as you suggested, but all is does is show me speeds and temperatures. It doesn't allow me to control anything. My Computer fans are controlled using a switch on the case, and are now set to high (usually only needed low speed). SpeedFan
    just shows the GPU as one single fan, rather than the dual fan setup it current has.

I added the GPU Tweaker 2 manually to the startup folder, and it load up now, turning on the fans. However, I'm still in the position where as soon as the GPU temperature hits around the 30 degree mark, one of the fan speeds maxes out. At this point, when
    I manually change the fan, I can hear the second fan speeding up or slowing down based on my changes, but fan 1 has a mind of its own.

AnD4D, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Fan control on GPU

1. Fan control on GPU - Similar Threads - Fan control GPU

2. Aboaut fans controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aboaut fans controller: I installed windows 11 system yesterday. but my FN + F keys to control the fans are not working, by which keys can I control the fans. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aboaut-fans-controller/a9fa4ddf-2086-460f-95a4-746afd4b41b9
  3. Aboaut fans controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aboaut fans controller: I installed windows 11 system yesterday. but my FN + F keys to control the fans are not working, by which keys can I control the fans. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aboaut-fans-controller/a9fa4ddf-2086-460f-95a4-746afd4b41b9
  4. Fan control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan control: The fan on my laptop stopped working after an windows 11 update, what can be the problem? i have already enabled the cooling policy. i have reset the windows 11, took the fan out and cleaned it, and still does not work....
  5. Fan control

Fan control: The fan on my laptop stopped working after an windows 11 update, what can be the problem? i have already enabled the cooling policy. i have reset the windows 11, took the fan out and cleaned it, and still does not work....
  6. Fan control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan control: I have been having problems with my hp evny x360 laptop. On the f12 key there is an icon that has three bars and a circle on each bar. I used to be able to press this key and I was able to cool my laptop, quiet the fan, balance it, or increase preformance. Now, when I hit the...
  7. Fan control

Fan control: I have been having problems with my hp evny x360 laptop. On the f12 key there is an icon that has three bars and a circle on each bar. I used to be able to press this key and I was able to cool my laptop, quiet the fan, balance it, or increase preformance. Now, when I hit the...
  8. Fan control issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan control issue: I recently reinstalled windows to windows 10 previously on windows 8.1. The problem I'm having is with a program called HWInfo64 which controls my laptop fan so I can get it running as silently as possible without it overheating and powering off. Without the program I find...
  9. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...