Windows 10: Fan going crazy . . .

Discus and support Fan going crazy . . . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Somebody50, May 7, 2020.

1. Fan going crazy . . .

Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help.

Machine is about 6 months old and runs fine otherwise.

- Task manager shows nothing unusual
    - Vents are not blocked
    - I've not added or removed any software or changed any settings
    - W10, Firefox, etc. are all set to auto update
    - The fan cycles up and down even if there are NO PROGRAMS open at all
    - I've run numerous malware scans and have cleaned the registry and Firefox; WIndows security says all is good
    - Googling has come up with nothing but a lot of work-arounds that are not for the average person

Win version: 18363.778

:)

Somebody50, May 7, 2020
  2. arammah Win User

My laptop fan is going crazy and won’t stop spinning

I have had my laptop for abour two years now and it has been working fine until about two weeks ago when the fan started making grinding noises and was on all the time. All of a sudden though my laptop fan started going crazy, it is loud and seems like it
    is spinning really fast. The laptop doesn’t seem to be heating up. I turned off my laptop and left it over night but the next morning when i turned on my laptop the fan starts spinning right away and it still makes the loud noise.

Model:

13-s020nr

arammah, May 7, 2020
  3. Device List going crazy

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and the last couple of times I've needed to open my Device Manager the list of devices has been going crazy. It opens, closes, opens, closes, opens, closes and just keeps on doing that. It's kind of hard to find the device
    you're looking for when that is going on. Does anyone out there know how to make the list behave and stay open?

Wild Child, May 7, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Fan going crazy . . .

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Fan going crazy . . .

1. Fan going crazy . . . - Similar Threads - Fan going crazy

2. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  3. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  4. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  6. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  7. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  8. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  9. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

10. Crazy fan

Crazy fan: Hi our office ladies computer booted and did something weird yesterday, then today we tried to boot it, got to the windows startup page, then black screen and the fan revved up to the point where we thought it might blow. Because it booted until the startup page, that means...