Windows 10: fan is running at full speed

Discus and support fan is running at full speed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rhonda Marquett, Jun 2, 2019.

1. fan is running at full speed

I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763.

I received an error message saying: Card cage alert fan failure, press F1 to continue, Dell Precision T3500

:)

Rhonda Marquett, Jun 2, 2019

2. Anyone got any joy with Win 10 running fans at full speed?

My Dell Studio 8100 was running quietly and no fan speed issues. Updated to Win 10 and fans are running at full speed (noisy). In safe mode it runs quietly. Any suggestions. How do I find out what is not running in safe mode that makes the fans quiet?

consultjfa, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Computer Fan Speed Running Loud When Not In Use

Hi,

When a desktop fan creates noises, it could be due to several factors. Accumulated dust, wires are hitting the fan's blade or the fan is adding heat causing the system to make an effort to cool the system. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to have
    a better understanding of the situation:

• Are you using a desktop computer or a laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's behavior?

Erika Aro, Jun 2, 2019
  4. dukeone1 Win User

fan is running at full speed

Fan Speeds

Hello: The latest Win 10 security update killed my ASUS "suite" of fan speed adjustments and other things, fan speed being the important one for me. Uninstalled the update (KB4056891) till I can figure out the fan speeds. If they run on high it make too
    much noise and that much air is not needed most of the time for my PC ASUS Z87 Delux motherboard and i7 4770k CPU. As far as I can ascertain ASUS doesn't support this in Win 10 for this board. Thanks, Duke Masters

PS: Is this the kind of thing MS might issue a fix for?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

dukeone1, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

fan is running at full speed

1. fan is running at full speed - Similar Threads - fan running full

2. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  3. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  4. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  5. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  6. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..: Fan running at full speed nearly all the time, I'm sick of this spinning sound, please help.. Even though when i do nothing on my pc, like i close all apps everything, it still runs at full speed.. and my laptop's fan is totally clean atm and its thermal paste changed like...
  8. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  9. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell t3500 fan speed

2. ispiron 5675 cpu fan runs full speed at random

3. dell precision t3500 fan control

4. dell precision t3600 fans running full speed,
  5. b450m-hdv fans are full speed,
  6. precision t3500 fans run high speed,
  7. vega fans at full speed,
  8. fans running at full speed windows,
  9. fan on dell laptop runs all the time 5520,
  10. cpu fan is running at full speed