Windows 10: Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade

Discus and support Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was upgrading my version to 2004 and the pc fan started to speed up and make a lot of noise while i upgrading the version. Is it a problem from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade

I was upgrading my version to 2004 and the pc fan started to speed up and make a lot of noise while i upgrading the version. Is it a problem from my computer or windows idk but it was first time it happend. I upgrade the pc again and it happend for the second time. But normally i'm not have a problem like that, please help what should i do

submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/burdurkonsoloslugu, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Gotex22 Win User

Windows 10 fan speeds

Like many others (I'm 100% sure) I have been looking for a fix for Windows 10 and fan speed problem. I have done all I can from updating my BIOs to updating my graphics cards you name, I've done it. Except my problem is a bit different. I had windows 10
    working just fine on my pc before with the fan speeds working just fine. I had to roll back to 7 at the time because the game I was playing did not support windows 10. When they updated the game I went back to 10. This time I decided to do a clean install
    because I figured will I had no problems the first time I had it right? Well I was wrong. Now the fan speed is at 100% no matter what, from start up till shut down the fan speed never drops below 100%, the system temperature is normal as monitored by speed
    fan. I have about 9% process. I've also choose a power plan to make sure my PC is working so hard. This ONLY happened when I upgraded to 10. My system completely checks out more than compatible for windows 10. As I said I had it before with no fan speed problems.
    Honestly, I think that this problem happens when people choose a clean install rather than upgrading from 7 or 8.1 not too sure as I have seen other topics about this same exact issue. When I went from 7 to 10 no problems but from a fresh install, I get the
    fan problem. Also there is some driver issues I've found. Example I have a headset from logitech I had bought witch worked fine when I had 7 and even upgraded from 7 to 10. Then when I did the fresh install and plugged in the head set, it shows up under unknown
    devices. No matter how much time I've spent on it t, the drivers wont install. I think when the drivers installed on 7 and I upgraded to 10, the drivers just were already there and compatible. I have read so many topics about this and no word on a fix that
    will come out or any word that they see that this is a problem. On another note. I tested this on another computer going from 7 to 10 and no fan issues. Does anyone have any suggestions that will help?

Gotex22, Oct 1, 2020
  3. BillL1230 Win User
    Toshiba S70-A laptop fan speed in Win10

Thanks for the reply!

I can't find any drivers listed for the Intel Rapid Storage. This Toshiba has AHCI from Microsoft.

But, I still have the jet speed fan in Win10 preview builds, but not for the Win10 upgrade on the Win8.1 partition.

BillL1230, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade

1. Fan is speeding up during windows upgrade - Similar Threads - Fan speeding during

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  5. My Laptop Fan Speeds Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Fan Speeds Up After Sleep: Hi, I'm using my "Asus UX434FLC" laptop for a couple of months now, but I'm having this issue over the past several days: when I put my laptop in sleep by closing the lid and open it back, fan starts to run at the top speed. This started a couple of days ago and task...
  6. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  7. High fan speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High fan speed: My laptop is dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Both in windows and ubuntu its fan starts to run in maximum speed in normal use. It started to happenn only when I dual-booted, so its not a hardware problem. Moreover, I found a process named 'frontend' is running in the...
  8. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  9. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...
  10. Fans are speeding up like crazy help

Fans are speeding up like crazy help: Just bought a Windows PC, its my first one since 2006 (I have only used macs since then) I have no idea what to do , or why the fans are so high, even when I dont do anything on the computer? What can I do? I Tried to go look in the BIOS settings , and I tried to change...