Windows 10: Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

Discus and support Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First week of October : Fan started to make noticeable noise, even when the system temperature was low after booting up. Before this time it used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chandramauli07, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

First week of October :

• Fan started to make noticeable noise, even when the system temperature was low after booting up.
    • Before this time it used to run at max speed without a sound.

Third week of October :

• It started to make more noise and I felt my laptop vibrating because of it. This happened irrespective of how warm my laptop was or how many processes were running.
    • It used to suddenly stop making sound fan still running for like 5 minutes and then started to make sound again.
    • I ignored it till this point.

First week of November :

• I got an error at pre-boot system performance check stating "The processor fan failed to respond correctly" with code 2000-0511.
    • I followed the instruction to fix it as given on dell website or support assist website :
      • I got the vents cleaned.
      • I got the fan cleaned.
      • My bios is up to date and was updated long back before this fan issue occurred.

• My PC is free of all viruses and malwares. Also it is just 2 years old.

I am not sure if it is a hardware problem with the processor fan or it is a software problem.

Can someone please help me with this? Should I replace the fan or reset my PC to see if that fixes the issue?

Thank you.

:)

Chandramauli07, Nov 29, 2020

2. Dell 5580 and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

We love the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - it's easy for everyone to walk in with their laptop and connect to project their screen. Except for those who have Dell 5580s.

The Dell 5480s and SurfacePros connect great, but not the Dell 5580s.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this for the 5580s?

LorieRodriguez, Nov 29, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Can I Create Hackintosh Using DELL Inspiron 3542

I'd suggest reading through this thread on the Tonymacx86 forums.

4. Steve C Win User

Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade

My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 laptop hasn't been offered the update to the Creator's Update via Windows Update yet and it doesn't appear on Dell's upgrade list. Has anyone updated their Inspiron 7537 to the Creator's Update via the Media Creation Tool or ISO file and did you have any problems?

Steve C, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

1. Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop - Similar Threads - Fan issue dell

2. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron N5050 issue: The Dell Inspiron I am updating has an issue. The installation of Windows 10 21H2 or 21H1, I can’t remember worked properly, but failed when updated to 22H2. It fails in the same way when doing the 22H2 fresh installation.After the 22H2 update or fresh installation, the...
  3. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron N5050 issue: The Dell Inspiron I am updating has an issue. The installation of Windows 10 21H2 or 21H1, I can’t remember worked properly, but failed when updated to 22H2. It fails in the same way when doing the 22H2 fresh installation.After the 22H2 update or fresh installation, the...
  4. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD On Dell Latitude 5580

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On Dell Latitude 5580: We have 6 Dell Latitude 5580 laptops in one department that randomly get a BSOD. They all have the same docking station and all use the same software daily. There are three other 5580's with the same setup, but do not use the same software and don't get the BCOD. I just...
  6. Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues

Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues: On trying to start, my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop fails with the following: BSOD 0xc0000001 error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED System Restore doesn't work (there is a restore point recorded) Go back to the previous version doesn't work (there are checkpoints for...
  7. Dell Latitude 5580 random BSOD

Dell Latitude 5580 random BSOD: Hi. This is second time I got BSOD again even all my drivers and BIOS are updated. Please can anyone check it and find the issue here. 126133
  8. DELL Inspiron 5570 Touchscreen issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL Inspiron 5570 Touchscreen issue: Hi everyone, I have an issue with the touch screen. Tried troubleshooting and see if I can find the HID compliant touch screen in touch manager but I still can't. Can anyone help, please?...
  9. BSOD - Dell Latitude 5580

BSOD - Dell Latitude 5580: Hi. My all drivers are up-to-dated but recently I experienced BSOD when I was working normally. I have attached crash dump as well. Please can any one help me to find that culprit? Thanks in advance :) 122760
  10. Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue: I was brought my Uncle's Dell Inspiron M5030 laptop. He had brought it to someone who said that his issue was the lcd panel, and they quoted him like 300$ to replace it. He laughed and brought it to me. I got the lcd replacement off of amazon for 45$. The issue is that it...