Windows 10: Fan Issues

Discus and support Fan Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Sentinal Pro installed and recently noticed my temps have been increasing, I have 3 internal HDDs and they are at the moment 35'-40'-36'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gbu, May 19, 2019.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Fan Issues

I have Sentinal Pro installed and recently noticed my temps have been increasing, I have 3 internal HDDs and they are at the moment 35'-40'-36' degrees, they are usually all in green but the last few days ive notice that they are creeping into yellow and have gone up to 44' as the max temp.

I have also had more regular random reboots(not sure if related)

I have striped the case done and noticed the front inlet fan which can be regulated by the front control display was running very slow(even though it was set to max speed) i turned the control down and the fan stopped completely, i then turned the control back up but nothing happened, i also saw that this controller operates the top rear fan and this too seems to be running slow but not stopping like the front one is though.

Its a custom build of 7+years so presumed it was the fan failing, gave a clean out back but still happening.

I then swapped it for the side fan(this one connects direct to the motherboard) but it still happened, put the presumed faulty fan into the MB direct and it runs fine.

Motherboard
    GA-G41MT-S2PT (rev. 1.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

This is the case
    Zalman Z9 Series Tower Computer Cases
    Im guessing the controller is the problem, if so can i bypass it direct to the motherboard or is this controller needed(ive never touched the sped its always been set to high) but this says it can support up to 7 fans so presumably there is more then one connector as i could only see one system fan port on the MB.

Pics attached

1. Shows the where the front and rear fan connect to then into the controller.
    2. Front controller
    3. Just the one System fan port i could see on the MB

Any help greatly appreciated. *Smile

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Fan Issues

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Fan Issues

1. Fan Issues - Similar Threads - Fan Issues

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues: Hello,As of about a week ago, my navigation between files and folders offline and my online work speed has diminished. When I try to type something, for example, there is a long lag tie between my typing and the characters showing up on the screen. My fan seems to begin...
  6. Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues

Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues: Hello,As of about a week ago, my navigation between files and folders offline and my online work speed has diminished. When I try to type something, for example, there is a long lag tie between my typing and the characters showing up on the screen. My fan seems to begin...
  7. Windows 11 PC Sleep Mode Issue: Unresponsive Wake-Up and Fast-Spinning Fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC Sleep Mode Issue: Unresponsive Wake-Up and Fast-Spinning Fans: I am encountering a problem with my Windows 11 PC where it fails to wake up from sleep mode. The only solution I've found to turn it back on is by manually switching off the power supply and then switching it back on. Additionally, I've noticed that as soon as I initiate...
  8. Windows 11 PC Sleep Mode Issue: Unresponsive Wake-Up and Fast-Spinning Fans

Windows 11 PC Sleep Mode Issue: Unresponsive Wake-Up and Fast-Spinning Fans: I am encountering a problem with my Windows 11 PC where it fails to wake up from sleep mode. The only solution I've found to turn it back on is by manually switching off the power supply and then switching it back on. Additionally, I've noticed that as soon as I initiate...
  9. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  10. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fan speed after 1903 update