Windows 10: Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

Discus and support Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FpHp96, Jun 22, 2020.

1. FpHp96 Win User

Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

Hello everyone.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of the fan. I'm gonna explain it...

I use it mainly for watching videos on YT, movies on Netflix or, especially in this period, using Microsoft Teams. However even at startup, without even opening anything, the fan was starting to be quite noisy, which was quite annoying as well, but I also noticed that the left side of the laptop overheated easily.

Initially I tried to clean the fans with compressed air: nothing!

Then I tried to fiddle with the voice "maximum processor state" in the “Power Options” and I must say that something has changed ...

In particular, I did several tests with a video on YT at 1080p 60fps not full screen and I noticed this:

- on battery / plugged in <75%

----> CPU frequency: 1795.42Mhz 99.75 * 18.0

----> CPU power: + - 13W

----> Core # 0: + - 68 ° C

----> Core # 1: + - 70 ° C

- on battery / plugged in from 79% to 98%

----> CPU frequency: 1994.92Mhz 99.75 * 20.0

----> CPU power: + - 15W

----> Core # 0: + - 70 ° C

----> Core # 1: + - 75 ° C

- on battery / plugged in 99% and 100%

----> CPU frequency: 2892.63Mhz 99.75 * 29.0

----> CPU power: + - 25W

----> Core # 0: + - 85 ° C

----> Core # 1: + - 90 ° C

So I set the maximum processor state to 79% and it seems that, although it still works, the fan has never reached its max speed so far.

Basically, what I'd like to ask you is:

1 Since the results seem to be the same, what kind of difference would there be between setting the value at 79% or 98%?

2 Anyway, what would you advise me to do? Is the value I set fine? Should I do anything else to reduce the noise and overheating of my pc?

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance!

---

HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL

CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz / 3.10 GHz, 2 core, 3 MB CACHE L3.
    SCHEDA GRAFICA: AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT 2 GB GDDR5.
    HARD DISK: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3

:)

FpHp96, Jun 22, 2020

2. Noisy fan

my laptop has gained this problem with the fan being very noisy.. you know its now irritating.. anyone knows how I can fix this?

CedricSavatia, Jun 22, 2020
  3. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

Dear all,

One of my friend has bought this laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac033dx) . This laptop comes with WIN 10 license. He start using it for around 6 months.

Once he one or two applications the laptop became like toast machine superrrrrrrrrrrrr hottttt.

I reset the laptop from windows setting and it is still the same. Second step i format the laptop from a fresh WIN 10 copy and nothing is changed.

Last step I have done yesterday is moving to another OS which Linux Ubuntu. I am wondering what is the secret with Ubuntu OS why my laptop is working perfectly without any super heat and the fan is not so noisy like when the WIN 10 OS was installed
    on it.

I am one of big fan of the WIN 10 because it is smooth and has a lot of function and Microsoft keep updating it but what is the issue when it comes to these slim laptop. This is not this first laptop that I have noticed this issue with.

nightearth, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

FAN NOISY

Donald You might as well take you Laptop to a certified repair shop, I too had a noisy fan. I too tried to clean dust and anything else out with a small compressed air, don't use a high powered air supply, you may do more damage to other parts in the computer.
    I took my Laptop HP and had a new fan installed about a year ago, no more problems. Laptop and it' components are not goi

ng to work flawless for ever, be prepared to invest a little money to keep it running right, good luck friend.

benniesweat, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

1. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10 - Similar Threads - Fan noisy overheating

2. My fan is noisy randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fan is noisy randomly: My fan is noisy. It's been a couple months. I cleaned the fan before and there was no dust left, whenever I play for a couple hours it randomly starts loud and fast. This isn't a overheating issue since I monitor my laptop every hour. Whenever it is noisy I shut my laptop and...
  3. My fan is noisy randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fan is noisy randomly: My fan is noisy. It's been a couple months. I cleaned the fan before and there was no dust left, whenever I play for a couple hours it randomly starts loud and fast. This isn't a overheating issue since I monitor my laptop every hour. Whenever it is noisy I shut my laptop and...
  4. Fan is noisy after failed update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan is noisy after failed update: Hi! Yesterday my computer wanted to do an update, and when it was 86 % finished with the update something went wrong and it showed a message saying something like "undoing the changes made on your computer..." roughly translated. Then it restarted and the fan started...
  5. Laptop Fan Very Noisy

Laptop Fan Very Noisy: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 laptop, recently the fan of the laptop became really noisy, where the fan starts to become noiser when I launch programmes such as photoshop and even when I have a few browser tabs open, I had tried the following without any success in...
  6. Fan is too noisy!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan is too noisy!: My fan is far too noisy, I can hear it during streaming and recording. Is there a way to either turn it down or set it to be less frequent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-is-too-noisy/5da2e4e0-67f3-470d-8510-12c1139630f8
  7. HP Laptop overheating and crashing

HP Laptop overheating and crashing: I haven't downloaded anything recently, and my laptop has been constantly crashing. I downloaded SpeedFan to see if my computer was overheating, and surely enough, the temperatures were higher than normal. 150 degrees f I've been trying multiple things to cool it down, but I...
  8. FAN NOISY

FAN NOISY: Hello, My name is Donald and i have a problem concerning my fan. Actually i tried to clean it and remove dust but it’s still making noise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-noisy/f5475ace-a388-4ec7-b477-ccb43da9f843
  9. Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.

Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.: i had windows 7 for years and I loved it.. I decided to upgrade to windows 10 yesterday and the fan noise.. I cant stand it. on windows 7 I almost never heard my fan even when I played heavy stuff and even when my cpu was extremely high. but now my cpu with windows 10 is...
  10. the fan in my laptop iss getting very noisy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the fan in my laptop iss getting very noisy: how hard is it to change a cooling fan in my hp laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-fan-in-my-laptop-iss-getting-very-noisy/9976563c-0fbb-49b0-813c-5c7d8adccc88