Windows 10: Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mildew, Dec 14, 2016.

1. mildew Win User

Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

Hi

I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core temperatures at start up are Core #0 53c and core #1 53C. After running for 15 minutes or so they go up to #0 98c and #1 100c, I have tried blowing out the side grill and van vent and some dust and lint came out but very little. What can I do please?

I am running Windows 10 32 bit. I am not tech orientated so not confident in swapping out fan which appears complicated having to virtually dismantle laptop to gain access.

:)

mildew, Dec 14, 2016
  2. Calscsi Win User

Fan starts at boot, but does not restart after sleep mode

I have been using a Toshiba Satellite L655D as a test bed for Windows 10 and I am having fan issues. When I boot the laptop the fan starts in what I would call max mode and stays there. When the machine comes out of sleep mode the fan does not start.
    The Toshiba PC Health utility shows the fan at 90%, but it is not spinning.

Any settings or drivers I may be overlooking to address this issue? Thanks.

Calscsi, Dec 14, 2016
  3. 64PaulG Win User
    Failure to boot after windows 10 update

Hi ,

I have finally updated to the fall update on my laptop - a Toshiba Satellite - but now the laptop shuts off when it boots to the windows home screen. It appears to activate the laptop fan and then shut down. Help Please.

64PaulG, Dec 14, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Immediately purchase and use a usb-powered external cooling fan assembly [one giant fan or twin fans]. I have one for each laptop. Yes, you can and should clean the laptop fan grills, however, a cooling assembly really helps to extend laptop life -- heat is an enemy of electronics.

RolandJS, Dec 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Fan Running Toshiba

2. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  3. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  5. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  6. laptop fans running all the time

laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  7. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  8. fan on laptop keeps running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fan on laptop keeps running: I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if this is happening to me, and how do I stop it. thank you, for your help with this matter,elliott...
  9. Laptop Fan Running - Solved

Laptop Fan Running - Solved: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!! I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update...
  10. HP Laptop Fan runs constantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Laptop Fan runs constantly: Here's my situation. It seems that after last weeks round of Windows 10 Updates, the fan on my Laptop constantly runs. I've done a lot of search on symptoms for my HP model and getting all kinds of mixed solutions and want to be sure of what to do before I start downloading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba laptop fan starts then stops