Windows 10: fan on laptop keeps running

Discus and support fan on laptop keeps running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elliott,h, May 29, 2019.

1. elliott,h Win User

fan on laptop keeps running

I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if this is happening to me, and how do I stop it. thank you, for your help with this matter,elliott

:)

elliott,h, May 29, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Fan keeps running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Install all pending Windows and driver updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

CPU fan noise after Windows 10 install

Do let us know if fan still keeps running. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 29, 2019
  3. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 29, 2019
  4. fan on laptop keeps running

Fans Running when Laptop is under no load

Hello,

This issue may arise due to Video card driver incompatibility or corruption. I suggest you to reinstall Video card drivers and check if issue is resolved. Kindly follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Display Adaptor”.
    • Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealt
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2019
Thema:

fan on laptop keeps running

1. fan on laptop keeps running - Similar Threads - fan laptop keeps

2. Fans Keep Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans Keep Running: Sometimes when I go to sleep at night the fans on my computer turn on and they get really loud. That's it. I think it might be update problems but I'm not 100% sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fans-keep-running/b5744675-d181-425d-9d66-72584f8c3d96
  3. Fans Keep Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fans Keep Running: Sometimes when I go to sleep at night the fans on my computer turn on and they get really loud. That's it. I think it might be update problems but I'm not 100% sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fans-keep-running/b5744675-d181-425d-9d66-72584f8c3d96
  4. My laptop fan keeps running loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fan keeps running loud: Hello my laptop fan is loud and constanly running. I clean it once a month so I checked if there was any dust build up but the fan was clean, yet its still running so loud. Someone help...
  5. My laptop fan keeps running loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fan keeps running loud: Hello my laptop fan is loud and constanly running. I clean it once a month so I checked if there was any dust build up but the fan was clean, yet its still running so loud. Someone help...
  6. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  7. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  8. Asus Laptop Fan Keeps Running When Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop Fan Keeps Running When Shut Down: I don't when it started, but the cooling fan runs at high speed every time I am running on battery and shut down. The battery eventually is drained, and then the fan stops. It does NOT happen when plugged in and shut down. I have tried every suggestion that I can fins online,...
  9. Laptop Fan Running - Solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Fan Running - Solved: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!! I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update...
  10. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...