Windows 10: Fan randomly starts at high speed

Discus and support Fan randomly starts at high speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While not doing any cpu intensive tasks, my fan has started up randomly very fast, and i have to restart my laptop to make it go back to normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RahulDesai_1999, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Fan randomly starts at high speed

While not doing any cpu intensive tasks, my fan has started up randomly very fast, and i have to restart my laptop to make it go back to normal

:)

RahulDesai_1999, Oct 12, 2019

2. Fan speed too high and receives black screen

I reset my pc too factory settings now the fan speed on all fans are rela high. will not show anything on display screen.

Original title: pc

michaelbeard_860, Oct 12, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    inconsistent fan speeds

"Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile"

Laptops tend to have a lot of differences to desktop, but my current ASUS motherboard has

a fan speed profile setup in BIOS.

Other motherboard have system software that includes a fan speed profile option on the driver/software disk.

I usually set the profile so the fan speed at 40C is as high as it will go before it starts getting loud.

Then tweak it up from their.

A higher initial speed will keep the cpu cooler from the start. This helps prevent constant up/down cycling

that comes with some so called 'silent' setups that have a whoa to go fan speed profile.

- If you run the machine in high ambient air temps a cooling pad can help too.

- You should also monitor the temps to verify that machine is not running too hot.

For cpu - Real Temp

If the machine has dedicated graphics processor -
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

BossDweeb, Oct 12, 2019
  4. GH_Vienna Win User

Fan randomly starts at high speed

WIndows 10 Fan Speed at system start

I have a rather peculiar problem on a windows 10 upgraded notebook:

The system consists of a VAIO SZ4 Laptop, Intel Core(2) 2,13 Ghz, 4BG Ram and SSD.

Every single time at cold system start, the CPU fan start going crazy, speeding up to maximum noise, rumbling and rattling and audibly overspeeding the fan bearings.

After a few seconds (usually 30-60 seconds) when the system is fully up and operating, teh CPU fan calms down and runs at usual speed, with low noise and no significant audible distortions, even when high performance programs are run.

Nevertheless, because of the initial high speed uncontrolled run, I have the suspicion that the bearings of the fan will deteriorate soon and create addition running noise even during regular operation.

My investigations (with a HW low level fan control tool) indicate that windows 10 is maximizing the fan current until the mainboard is reporting valid data on CPU temperature and three other measuring points on the system board.

The fan control tool is displaying an unknown temperature at the measuring points at cold start and a few seconds after the mainboard reports valid temperature ranges, windows 10 is starting to level the fan down to reasonable speeds.

It is remarkable that this is only occuring with windows 10, I had before Windows 7 and Linux installed and neither of those displayed this behavior.

unfortunately, there is no way to control the fan speed in BIOS, so I need a specific solution for the OS, otherwise windows 10 will be kicked off this PC.

Thanks in advance for any good advice,

GH_Vienna, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Fan randomly starts at high speed

1. Fan randomly starts at high speed - Similar Threads - Fan randomly starts

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. high fan speed when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  4. high fan speed when idle

high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  5. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  6. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  7. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. High fan speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High fan speed: My laptop is dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Both in windows and ubuntu its fan starts to run in maximum speed in normal use. It started to happenn only when I dual-booted, so its not a hardware problem. Moreover, I found a process named 'frontend' is running in the...
  10. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fans randomly speed up