Windows 10: Fan running constantly and degraded speed again

Discus and support Fan running constantly and degraded speed again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1 year old HP Envy with Windows 10 already installed. Constant issue reported previously. Fan suddenly starts running and stays running for weeks at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jacquelinemeister, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Fan running constantly and degraded speed again

1 year old HP Envy with Windows 10 already installed. Constant issue reported previously. Fan suddenly starts running and stays running for weeks at a time. During these events, performance is significantly impacted including delays in key strokes, significantly slower when doing searches and opening links. I have cleared cache, cleaned and defragmented to optimize performance and it has no effect at all on improving these issues. I have not uploaded anything nor have I any outstanding upgrades waiting. Historically, this will go on for weeks and just as suddenly stop. It's annoying as all get out and impedes my ability to work self employed. What gives Microsoft?

:)

jacquelinemeister, Apr 9, 2020

2. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 9, 2020
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 9, 2020
  4. JenD_641 Win User

Fan running constantly and degraded speed again

Fan runs constantly

I'm 1 day into windows 10 and the fans on my laptop are running constantly at full speed having literally never done that before in the year I've owned the laptop, even at high cpu.

They run at full speed from the second the laptop is switched on, stone cold, with absolutely nothing running and total cpu at less than 5%.

They don't turn off when I switch to power save.

Is there something I can do to solve the problem that doesn't require a degree in I.T? Has anyone reverted back to 8.1 and fixed the problem that way? I'd much rather scrap windows 10 then carry this on, it feels like it's damaging my machine!

JenD_641, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Fan running constantly and degraded speed again

1. Fan running constantly and degraded speed again - Similar Threads - Fan running constantly

2. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  3. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  5. New computer Fan runs constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer Fan runs constantly: Hi, I have a new Dell Alienware M15 R3 (Win 10 ver 1909) and the fan is on all the time even when the lid is closed. There is a process that is always running called NahimicService. When I boot up and before NahimicService starts the fan is quite. As soon as it starts up the...
  6. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  7. Fan constantly running w/windows10

Fan constantly running w/windows10: My fan is constantly running on my Dell Inspiron laptop, using windiws 10. CPU is running <2% . Laptop doesn't seem to be running hot. I have powered down, unplugged battery and let rest for an hour. No improvement. Any help is appreciated....
  8. surface pro fan constantly running

surface pro fan constantly running: My surface pro fan is constantly running even when no programs are open. only when I unplug it and it goes to power saver mode suddenly the fan shuts up. Does anyone know how I can manually put my surface into power savor mode when plugged in? my windows is updated and in...
  9. Surface fan constantly running

Surface fan constantly running: my surface fan is constantly running and nothing can stop it even when all apps are closed and nothing is running but the antivirus app. only one thing turns off fan and its BATTERY SAVER mode. anyone knows how I can activate that when plugged in or what does battery saver do...
  10. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...