Windows 10: Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

Discus and support Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason, my laptop HP Omen 15 recently started to heat up like crazy while gaming, and I no longer can hear or feel the fans going fast, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanner Gremmert, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

For some reason, my laptop HP Omen 15 recently started to heat up like crazy while gaming, and I no longer can hear or feel the fans going fast, even when playing heavy games Fortnite, Far Cry 5, Forza 6 etc.

The fans are still working, but they're not even running half as fast as before. I have no idea what would cause it. They aren't getting dirty, because I clean them There are 2 fans about every 2 weeks. My motherboard is the HP 838F so there is nothing I can do in the BIOS to fix it... Does anyone know of any reasons it would happen?

Playing games now cause the temp to get to about 85C on heavy games after about a minute of playing them... Before it only got to about 70C after a minute, then the fans would normally start running fast. The fans would normally keep the temp at 70C max but now I'm just lucky not to get a BSOD from overheating

My laptop specs are:
    8 GB RAM
    Intel I7 7700 HQ at 2.80 Ghz

GTX 1050 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

:)

Tanner Gremmert, Dec 30, 2020
  2. sh4rk16 Win User

Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

Hello!

I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop.
    i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and also tried with hardwaremonitor but the same readings.
    my laptop fan is running on very low RPM if it is even running, i searched for programs that can control fan speed
    but without luck. i dont know whats wrong and i want to fix it ASAP because my laptop life is decreasing because of
    higher temps. my usage is not even that big. i have only 7 chrome tabs opened.

Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating [​IMG]

sh4rk16, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Jack2063 Win User
    Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high.
    Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in
    games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating :)

Jack2063, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Dadof 5 Win User

Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

Fan is making more much sound ( nonsense )

Hello again. I have read the link you posted and now I am confused.

The basics of what I initially suggested to you come down to the following.

-laptop fans typically get loud when a laptop is overheating

The best ways to prevent overheating are

-kill any unnecessary processes

-clean the laptop fan of any dust or debris

-buy a laptop cooler

- use a third party app to control the couch speed and fan speed

Dadof 5, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

1. Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating - Similar Threads - Fan speed stuck

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger: I'm having a strange issue, and it seems that there is another well-documented issue of the opposite problem to mine: My Lenovo Thinkpad P15v when plugged in will start to get very very hot like almost burning to the touch!, but the fan does not come on. As soon as I unplug...
  5. LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING: I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing any game like control assassins creed unity/origin/Valhalla/ battlefield 5 / Nioh 2 then sudden FPS from something like 60 fps...
  6. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  7. Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating: Does software exist that allows me to control my fans speeds? Msi afterburner doesn't work unfortunately, the fan speed setting is greyed out. I've seen lots of people complaining of the same issue but no one seems to have a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't...
  8. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10: Hello everyone. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of the fan. I'm gonna explain it... I use it mainly for watching videos on YT, movies on Netflix or, especially in this period,...
  9. Laptop overheating when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating when gaming: Hi yall! I already update my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when i play some games like Minecraft-Gta V- Gears of war etc... My just go hot like the sun and this is happening after the update, i was playing so good after the update, i already search for fixes so...
  10. Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM: Hello! I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop. i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and also tried with hardwaremonitor but the same readings. my laptop fan is running on very low RPM if it is even running, i...