Windows 10: fan speed

Discus and support fan speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anthonyhughes6, Feb 23, 2021.

1. fan speed

how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy

:)

anthonyhughes6, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 23, 2021
  3. dukeone1 Win User
    Fan Speeds

Hello: The latest Win 10 security update killed my ASUS "suite" of fan speed adjustments and other things, fan speed being the important one for me. Uninstalled the update (KB4056891) till I can figure out the fan speeds. If they run on high it make too
    much noise and that much air is not needed most of the time for my PC ASUS Z87 Delux motherboard and i7 4770k CPU. As far as I can ascertain ASUS doesn't support this in Win 10 for this board. Thanks, Duke Masters

PS: Is this the kind of thing MS might issue a fix for?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

dukeone1, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

fan speed

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

fan speed

1. fan speed - Similar Threads - fan speed

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...: Hello,I have a gaming laptop that has RTX 3070, for the last 2-3 months, while playing games or using softwares that uses high GPU like Unreal Engine, my laptop's screen goes black, and I can't interact with anything. I have to restart my computer from the power button every...
  5. When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...

When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...: Hello,I have a gaming laptop that has RTX 3070, for the last 2-3 months, while playing games or using softwares that uses high GPU like Unreal Engine, my laptop's screen goes black, and I can't interact with anything. I have to restart my computer from the power button every...
  6. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  7. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  8. The LEDs of my computer turn on along with the fans at full speed, half a second after I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The LEDs of my computer turn on along with the fans at full speed, half a second after I...: Hello, I am looking for a solution to a problem that I have been experiencing for quite some time now and which is recurring. When I try to put my computer to sleep or when it goes into automatic sleep, the computer leds, fans, gpu etc.. turns off for half a second, then...
  9. The LEDs of my computer turn on along with the fans at full speed, half a second after I...

The LEDs of my computer turn on along with the fans at full speed, half a second after I...: Hello, I am looking for a solution to a problem that I have been experiencing for quite some time now and which is recurring. When I try to put my computer to sleep or when it goes into automatic sleep, the computer leds, fans, gpu etc.. turns off for half a second, then...
  10. Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed

Blue screen occurs when changing fan speed to full speed: Im changed the sys fan speed to full speed, but after that I had a blue screen, I plugged all my fans into the motherboard. Why did it happen and what's the solution?...