Windows 10: Fan splitter

Discus and support Fan splitter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is it safe to use fan spitter through motherboard? Btw my motherboard is gigabyte h110m-ds2 My specs : Windows 10 pro Intel i7 8gb ram ddr4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethDestura, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Fan splitter

Is it safe to use fan spitter through motherboard?

Btw my motherboard is gigabyte h110m-ds2

My specs :

Windows 10 pro

Intel i7

8gb ram ddr4

Geforce gtx 960 4gb

:)

KennethDestura, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Geneo Win User
    Case Fans in circuit

This sounds like a bad idea. Fan headers on motherboards are generally designed to safely supply enough current + some for a single fan. This Arctic PST supplies power to multiple fans from a single motherboard fan header, which could exceed the current capability of the header. It is like a Y splitter but N times worse. I would strongly advise against it. This is why PWM fan multipliers use their own source of power. They take voltage from a SATA power or molex power, the PWM signal and rpm from a single fan, and distributes the PWM and power to other fans. They do this for a reason. I would suggest you look into something these and not use something that may damage your motherboard.:

Robot Check

Robot Check

rather than this:

ARCTIC PST Cable | 4 pin PWM fan splitter | PWM extension | PWM Y-cable | gaming | overclocking

But if you do go with this Arctic scheme, make sure the sum of the connected fans maximum current draw is less than the rated current for the PWM header you connect it to.. BTW, if you want to go this way, you can just buy their cable and use any fans you want.

Geneo, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Fan splitter

dual fan pwm setup?

they sell splitter cables at most online PC shops, or as suggested both fans could be wired together on one connector. Yes 4-wire fns are PWM.

sneekypeet, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Fan splitter

1. Fan splitter - Similar Threads - Fan splitter

2. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...
  3. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...
  4. Why does my acer nitro PC randomly give me no picture and my fans spin to the max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my acer nitro PC randomly give me no picture and my fans spin to the max: Hello I got my Pc since last Year of February and I keep getting this issue where my PC randomly crashes gives me no picture and spins my Fans to the max. And no Its not a Temp issue my temps are constant 70°C and the Pc only turn off at 90 and i checked with the acer...
  5. Why does my acer nitro PC randomly give me no picture and my fans spin to the max

Why does my acer nitro PC randomly give me no picture and my fans spin to the max: Hello I got my Pc since last Year of February and I keep getting this issue where my PC randomly crashes gives me no picture and spins my Fans to the max. And no Its not a Temp issue my temps are constant 70°C and the Pc only turn off at 90 and i checked with the acer...
  6. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  7. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  8. My laptop fans are abnormally loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fans are abnormally loud: I asked this question yesterday with someone else, and it led me to potentially having to BIOS update my laptop on a manufacturing websiteHowever I am unsure how to safely do this given the description from the BIOS says "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your...
  9. My laptop fans are abnormally loud

My laptop fans are abnormally loud: I asked this question yesterday with someone else, and it led me to potentially having to BIOS update my laptop on a manufacturing websiteHowever I am unsure how to safely do this given the description from the BIOS says "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your...
  10. Fan running problem.

Fan running problem.: Need help like patch App for fan running hard!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-running-problem/28952b87-0044-410a-bde6-7ae82de490ff