Windows 10: Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

Discus and support Fan still running after shut lid and shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrCov, Aug 31, 2015.

1. MrCov Win User

Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

Hey guys,

I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a black screen where I have to hold the power button to do a hard reset. The same thing happens with initiating a shutdown sequence, although that one only does it some of the time. Closing the lid does it every time. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

:)

MrCov, Aug 31, 2015
  2. goodie007 Win User

Laptop CPU Fan still running after Shut Down

Sorry that didn't work, Another solution worth trying is to right click on the start menu go to device manager and collapse the system device option and uninstall and delete the Intel management engine.Remember to delete the driver when uninstalling it.
    After that go to control panel and locate System ,click on advanced system settings on the left hand side ,choose the hardware tab click on the device installation setting option choose the "No,let me choose what to do " option and under that choose the "Never
    install driver software from windows update" and save the changes. This is to prevent windows from installing that driver automatically.

This is a temporary fix until new driver updates are released to fix the problem.This has worked on similar dell laptops hopes this works for you.

goodie007, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Laptop CPU Fan still running after Shut Down

Problem Still not Solved even after software update.

Thank You for reply..

Maham Kali Badugula, Aug 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Go over all your Power Options again in the Control Panel, set them back to defaults if you have to, start from square one.

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  5. MrCov Win User
    Well that appears to have worked. I just reset all of the power settings their defaults, restarted the computer, and now everything works.

MrCov, Aug 31, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Awesome, Glad I could help *Thumbs

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down - Similar Threads - Fan still running

2. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down & fan speed: Hi there, I have an HP zBook 14G2 running W10, 64 and recently I am not able to shut down completely. When I try fan start at max speed and there is no way to stop. I did remove also battery and re-installed but no way to get rid of this issue. I have also tried the powercfg...
  3. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down & fan speed: Hi there, I have an HP zBook 14G2 running W10, 64 and recently I am not able to shut down completely. When I try fan start at max speed and there is no way to stop. I did remove also battery and re-installed but no way to get rid of this issue. I have also tried the powercfg...
  4. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  6. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  7. Pc fans and lights still on after shut down

Pc fans and lights still on after shut down: Hi So I am having a problem with my pc where when i shut it down my fans and lights are still on and the only thing I am able to do is hold down my power button till it turns off....
  8. Hi! My PC shuts down but the fans still run

Hi! My PC shuts down but the fans still run: I recently upgraded windows 10 32 bit OS to windows 10 64 bit OS Also I upgraded from MBR to GPT by formatting my PC Changed 2 GB ram to 6 GB ram Since then I am having shutdown problems I tried to shutdown using 1 Start -> Power -> shut down 2 Power button 3...
  9. Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans still running after shutting down the PC.: So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed it from the task manager and shut down the pc. The fans were running when the installation was going on and they continued...
  10. USB device still running after laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device still running after laptop shut down: Brand new Dell XPS-13, Win10 CU After I properly shutdown my laptop and unplug AC power why are the USB-powered fans still running in my laptop cooling pad? Also, 100% charge, shutdown, not run for 48 hours, start up, why is the charge down to 90%? 92983