Windows 10: Fan still running even no reason

Discus and support Fan still running even no reason in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have All in One PC Acer Z3-710 with i5 on Win 10 (Anniversary). Unpacked a week ago so no dust inside etc. Current temperatures all in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Se77en, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Se77en Win User

Fan still running even no reason

Hello,
    I have All in One PC Acer Z3-710 with i5 on Win 10 (Anniversary). Unpacked a week ago so no dust inside etc.

Current temperatures all in normal
    CPU 45-50°C
    GPU 40°C
    HDD 36°C
    Also HW usage in normal
    CPU 2-5%
    HDD 0-10%
    RAM 60%

Can anyone explain to me why chassis fan still running on 1100 RPM and not slowing down even for a minute?!? There is no reason to keep fan running when no activity in Win! Don't know how to fix it...already tried:
    - flashing BIOS
    - updating GPU (Intel+nVidia) drivers
    - stopping "superfetch" service
    - changing power consumption plan
    - even booting in "Safe Mode" fan still running
    - Acer bloatware is uninstalled

:)

Se77en, Dec 4, 2016
  2. abc_24 Win User

Display drivers frezes during gameplay

Is there any plans for a Intel HD 3000 Windows 10 update? Intel aren't budging on the issue for some reason and I find it bizarre that the Windows 10 compatibility tool said that my system was fine for an upgrade only to find that in reality the graphics
    card driver isn't supported by Windows 10. I think that this was one of the reasons why my CPU fan was spinning like crazy when I switched to Windows 10. I would never have upgraded if I knew that in reality the hardware was unsupported.

Its crazy that so many manufacturers are unsupporting Windows 10 with hardware that is still capable as it means that we can't switch up as we'll run into issues.

My CPU fan hasn't been the same since the switch to Windows 10. Even when I downgraded back, I'm running into issues with fan noise and hanging on shutdown.

abc_24, Dec 4, 2016
  3. Fan won't shut off after Windows 1709 Update

After doing the latest update 1709 (KB4088776), my CPU and disk usage exploded. I was able to lower that even though the CPU still runs high.

But, the really annoying thing is my fan is constantly running. My computer is cool as a cucumber and it still runs. It is idle and it still runs.

What can I do to get this fan to stop running? I tried troubleshooter and changing my bios settings, so don't say that. Something is causing this CPU to keep churning and this fan to keep running. My system was running perfectly before this forced update
    ran. I have not added software for weeks. This update caused this.

What is the fix?

thetenthman, Dec 4, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Don't see any problem with your fans running, from your temps they should be running, see the snip of my CPU/MB temps and fan speeds

Fan still running even no reason [​IMG]

CmmTch, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Se77en Win User
    Have info from Acer support that fan shouldn't be still running. Would be raising and falling according to performance. Think should be almost silent and passive if no reason. In my case 1130 RPM loud and disturbing.

Se77en, Dec 4, 2016
  6. CmmTch Win User
    With a CPU temperature of 45C to 50C I would expect the fan to be running. My CPU is at 36C and fan is at 2300+ rpm, I think fans will always be running as long as the computer is on. This protects the CPU from being overheated, as to fan noise, that's a different thing. I don't believe you're ever going to see fans not run at all when the computer is on.

CmmTch, Dec 4, 2016
  7. Se77en Win User
    Sure thing that fan won't stop at all but I believe around 800 RPM enough if no activity. Then silent. Not like now...

Se77en, Dec 5, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Fan speed is regulated thru BIOS, see if it allows you to change temperature/fan speed curve.

CountMike, Dec 5, 2016
  9. Se77en Win User
    Flashed BIOS so checked all before. Only 1 option to control "Smart fan Enable/Disable". Nothing else. Of course tried both options. If enabled still 1120 RPM but when disabled over 4000! RPM constantly. Like vacuum cleaner. Crazy. Fan not slowing or speeding.

Se77en, Dec 5, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Dec 5, 2016
  11. Se77en Win User
    Tried. Not able to add Fan and control RPM. Unable to see my fan at all. Using HWinfo or BIOS for speed detection.

Se77en, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fan still running even no reason - Similar Threads - Fan still running

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC will turn off but the fans will still run even if the monitor is also off and shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will turn off but the fans will still run even if the monitor is also off and shows...: When this happens i have to force a power off by holding in the power button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-turn-off-but-the-fans-will-still-run/8cf8223b-fe56-4fb3-abae-d3d02e1321c1
  6. My PC will turn off but the fans will still run even if the monitor is also off and shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will turn off but the fans will still run even if the monitor is also off and shows...: When this happens i have to force a power off by holding in the power button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-turn-off-but-the-fans-will-still-run/8cf8223b-fe56-4fb3-abae-d3d02e1321c1
  7. fan still running after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  8. Fan Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan Running: My cooling fan keeps running constantly blowing out cold air. Hardware checks show no problem. CPU usage can be as low as 2%. Sometimes it will stop after approx: 10 minutes and more times it can last as long as the laptop is powered up. Intel turbo boost turned off and...
  9. Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans still running after shutting down the PC.: So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed it from the task manager and shut down the pc. The fans were running when the installation was going on and they continued...
  10. Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!: On December 26th, I moved my PC into a new case. For about a week, my CPU fan kept spinning at max speed for no reason and i couldnt change it in the BIOS or anything. I booted up my PC on January 2nd and for some reason, my fan was normal. A week later today, after the new...