Windows 10: Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping

Discus and support Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ENV: Windows 10 21H2, PowerToys: v0.62.1Description: While most of the apps can be snapped to a particular zone, there are other apps like Quicken that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DevForums, Sep 19, 2022.

1. DevForums Win User

Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping

ENV: Windows 10 21H2, PowerToys: v0.62.1Description: While most of the apps can be snapped to a particular zone, there are other apps like Quicken that do not respond to Zone snapping when you hold Shift key.Questions:- Can I configure something in FancyZones to allow for snapping the apps that are not snapping?- How can you tell which apps work with FancyZones?Thanks-devforums

:)

DevForums, Sep 19, 2022

2. why don't i have the other two snap layout options

You can learn how to use the FancyZones feature (Snap Layouts, in easy terms) here.

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Snap in Windows to top and bottom in portrait mode?

Hi Cammie, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Currently, there is no easy way to do that in portrait mode. However, you can use the app called PowerToys by Microsoft to make Windows Snap more advanced. There is this feature called FancyZones which allows you to set user-defined areas for Windows to snap.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powert...

Here's where you can download the app

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powert...

Paulo GM, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping - Similar Threads - Fancyzones apps snapping

2. Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping: ENV: Windows 10 21H2, PowerToys: v0.62.1Description: While most of the apps can be snapped to a particular zone, there are other apps like Quicken that do not respond to Zone snapping when you hold Shift key.Questions:- Can I configure something in FancyZones to allow for...
  3. Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping: ENV: Windows 10 21H2, PowerToys: v0.62.1Description: While most of the apps can be snapped to a particular zone, there are other apps like Quicken that do not respond to Zone snapping when you hold Shift key.Questions:- Can I configure something in FancyZones to allow for...
  4. FancyZones custom zone resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FancyZones custom zone resolution: Is there a way to set a custom dimension/resolution for a zone. Like with numeric input, which I cannot find it in the user interface. Or at least if someone knows in what registry key or some settings file I can find that to manually edit it. I wish to create accurate...
  5. Powertoys - Multiple fancyzone layouts

Powertoys - Multiple fancyzone layouts: Hello - I'm a long time powertoys user. I recently moved to an ultrawide 32:9 monitor and use the fancyzones utility to help me create custom window "snap" zones to divide my monitor into 3 areas. However, I was hoping to find an ability to switch fancyzones layouts with a...
  6. Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows)

Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows): I just set up a secondary monitor in portrait and configured FancyZones to allow me to snap to the top and bottom halves on it. When you override the Win + Left/Right arrow keys, there are a couple situations I have questions about: Windows + Up arrow doesn't maximize a...
  7. Using FancyZones for improved window snapping options on an ultra-wide monitor

Using FancyZones for improved window snapping options on an ultra-wide monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d4js5o/using_fancyzones_for_improved_window_snapping/
  8. snap to

snap to: how can I snap to all open windows with one click or drag on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-to/693a6159-5bc6-4924-811c-70a10ab95977
  9. snap

snap: I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snap/2fe10897-8a5e-4cdb-beff-fab06217a9a7
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...