Windows 10: Fans are speeding up like crazy help

Discus and support Fans are speeding up like crazy help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just bought a Windows PC, its my first one since 2006 (I have only used macs since then) I have no idea what to do , or why the fans are so high,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CraZyNinja, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Fans are speeding up like crazy help

Just bought a Windows PC, its my first one since 2006 (I have only used macs since then)
    I have no idea what to do , or why the fans are so high, even when I dont do anything on the computer?
    What can I do? I Tried to go look in the BIOS settings , and I tried to change "normal" on all fans (default) to QUIET, even though it said it could heat up easier if I wanted to have that on. I didnt care and just wanted to see if that would solve my problem. Nothing happened, it was still the same. So I went back and turned it on to the default "normal" setting once again. And now I have no more ideas, because I have never had this problem before and also, I am kinda lost when it comes to Windows Pc's. Any help at all would be great. It is a fresh new Computer so it has no dust or anything like that.
    I tried to fill in my PC specs so you can have a look down there for info on what I have in it, please help? Thank you.

:)

CraZyNinja, Jan 15, 2016

2. windows 10 creator update 75% black screen

Now I have free up to 74GB free of 230GB to run the windows 10 creator update. But It seems like have the same problem at 75% restart phase.

I don't know exactly what happen during the 75% restart phase.

When it restart try to boot ...it then turn to black screen. Then my laptop fan just keep raising it speed to run crazy fast goes to very hot with the CPU.

CheeSiang Leow, Jan 15, 2016
  3. clicking links in programs freeze the program and takes a lot to open

Hi, I know this sound just like "your pc is slow" but not, I have:

Intel i7 6700k

16GB DDR4 Gskill tridentZ RGB

SSD 500 GB Samsung Evo

Nvidia Gtx 980ti

Every time that I click a link in discord, steam, and any program it freezes and opens the link 30 seconds later and the fans of CPU speed up like crazy. I need help, I have 48 hours looking for it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I reset the windows, formatted the windows, make a clean install, sfc scannow and nothing help.

JoseGuerrero3, Jan 15, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Fans are speeding up like crazy help

What are your CPU temps? Did you build the computer, is it new? How are the fans connected?

essenbe, Jan 16, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    I would say there is a defunct sensor somewhere. What happens when you set the system into sleep and then resume from sleep 2 minutes later.

6. topgundcp Win User
    Look at your system specs, it looks like your PC is custom built and OC'ed at 4.2GHZ. Do you use stock heatsink ? If so, double check if it is seated properly. When OCing, it is advisable to use a good heatsink to avoid over heating.

topgundcp, Jan 16, 2016
  7. when the computer is just idling and im not doing anything the temp is around 20C and when im in chrome webbrowser with a few tabs its around 26C . The computer is new but i didnt built it. I dont know how the fans are connected. How can i check or in how many ways can you connect a fan ? Im new to all this.

It goes up like a "jet engine" . It even scares my poor cat *Smile

I dont have a stock heatsink . All my specs are written down i hope i didnt miss anything ?

CraZyNinja, Jan 16, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

My bad. Yes, you are indeed using Antec Kühler H2O 650.
    Looking at the reviews from Newegg, this cooler does not have a good rating due to either failed pump or loud fan.

On your MB, there's a 3-pin or 4-pin connector marked as CPU Fan, Make sure you have it connected as shown.

Fans are speeding up like crazy help [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 16, 2016
  9. essenbe Win User
    Do you have the Antec software installed? You can control the fans through the software. The Antec software controls the fans by the settings for the coolant temp. Try adjusting the coolant temps and see if it will slow down the fans. However, if you slow them down too much, the CPU temps will rise. If they rise too much, you will have worse problems than a loud fan. You can also replace the fans with quieter more efficient ones.

essenbe, Jan 16, 2016
  10. Thanks, so its most likely my cpu fan that makes that noise. Its connected with a 3-pin. Beacuse of warranty im afraid to open the case, but ive looked throu the glas of the case and its def. a 3-pin but i dont see any marked texts with "cpu fan" .

If anyone else have other opinions please post below . TIA

CraZyNinja, Jan 16, 2016
  11. Thank you so much, I will do a google on that app and have a look. Great tip!

CraZyNinja, Jan 16, 2016
  12. essenbe Win User
    Look up the cooler on the Antec site and you should be able to download it from there. The CPU fan headers are normally just above the CPU and are normally marked. But the marking ate quite small and would probably need the case open to see them. It should be a 4 pin header.

essenbe, Jan 16, 2016
  13. Fans are speeding up like crazy help

I have been on the Antec site, on the page for my cooler now, but I can only see manuals, product flyers and what not, no Software *Sad
    Could you be so kind and help me with an direct link, please?

CraZyNinja, Jan 16, 2016
  14. I have now googled some more and found an app called ANTEC GRID I installed it , and runned it and it told me "Error, No Device Exists!! Please check the USB connection of the control Board" and then I could only press "OK". And thats that.. *Sad

CraZyNinja, Jan 16, 2016
  15. essenbe Win User
    I can't find it either. Maybe it doesn't come with software. I had the H20 9xx that did have software to control it. One thing is when you go into BIOS and change the CPU fan speed (you should see which header it is connect to there as it should report the RPMs of the fan), when you change the fan speed, it will not change until you save and exit. Any change made in BIOS will affect nothing until you save it. Have you tried that? Here is a review on the cooler, but be sure to read the comments below the video.

[youtube]9LfyEwpRlFg[/youtube]

essenbe, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Fans are speeding up like crazy help - Similar Threads - Fans are speeding

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. I turn on the LAPTOP and the fan starts spinning like crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turn on the LAPTOP and the fan starts spinning like crazy: When i start my laptop, after 5 seconds the fan from the left side starts spinning very fast out of nowhere, is not slowly speed up, it speeds up instantly at max speed. The other one is working normally. never happened until now. I can say there is no cpu or anything high...
  5. I turn on the LAPTOP and the fan starts spinning like crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turn on the LAPTOP and the fan starts spinning like crazy: When i start my laptop, after 5 seconds the fan from the left side starts spinning very fast out of nowhere, is not slowly speed up, it speeds up instantly at max speed. The other one is working normally. never happened until now. I can say there is no cpu or anything high...
  6. I turn on the LAPTOP and the fan starts spinning like crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  10. Crazy fan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crazy fan: Hi our office ladies computer booted and did something weird yesterday, then today we tried to boot it, got to the windows startup page, then black screen and the fan revved up to the point where we thought it might blow. Because it booted until the startup page, that means...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are my fans speeding up eratically