Windows 10: Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

Discus and support Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gdwalters, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc.

2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan all stay running when my computer goes to sleep (on it’s own, or when forced to sleep). Monitor still goes to standby after 10 mins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried a clean install of Windows with no background apps running and fans still stayed running.

submitted by /u/gdwalters
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gdwalters, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Cixoos Win User

Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

Cixoos, Dec 14, 2020
  3. petrib Win User
    N73 blue LED without sleep mode

The blue LED blinks only when sleep mode is enabled. If you want the blue LED to blink, then enabling sleep mode is a good thing (it will save battery; turning it off will use more battery).

petrib, Dec 14, 2020
  4. ssterjo Win User

Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

N73 blue LED without sleep mode

everybody please help. i had the n73 me firmware, and i remember that the blue led kept flashing without the sleep mode, but also with the clock screensaver. now i upgraded to the v4 firmware of the normal edition, but the blue led works only when sleep
    mode is active. please, someone who has the n73 me firmware, tell me if i remember wrong, or the blue led flashes without sleep mode. and also, is there any way to make the led flash in the new firmware, without sleep mode? thanks.

ssterjo, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

1. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Fans LEDs turning

2. turn off audio sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off audio sleep mode: Hello. I've recently upgraded to win11 and seem to have found an issue where my audio is in a sort of sleep mode for a second or so before continuing like i had just played the sound. this can cut off notifications or the beginning of some sound files and its getting quite...
  3. turn off audio sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off audio sleep mode: Hello. I've recently upgraded to win11 and seem to have found an issue where my audio is in a sort of sleep mode for a second or so before continuing like i had just played the sound. this can cut off notifications or the beginning of some sound files and its getting quite...
  4. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  5. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  6. Led Fans flicking and keyboard randomly turning off and on repeatedly as well as a static...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Led Fans flicking and keyboard randomly turning off and on repeatedly as well as a static...: Recently i have downloaded windows 10 onto my PC from a USB flash drive. Today the 3 problems have started occuring : 1 Led Fans flicking 2 Keyboard randomly turning off and on repeatedly 3 A static high pitched noise in my headset I have no idea what the problem would...
  7. Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.: New build and most current update. If I put my computer to sleep using the start menu, everything works fine, fans and lights turn off. When my computer goes to sleep due to inactivity, all the fans and lights stay on. I had this issue with my kid's computer when I built it a...
  8. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.: Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step. Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power...
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 sleep mode fan