Windows 10: Fans on maximum, only when charging

Discus and support Fans on maximum, only when charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago, when checking for updates I received the following error: error 0x80080005.It was fairly easy to resolve with some videos, after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lourenço Serra, May 16, 2021.

1. Fans on maximum, only when charging

About a week ago, when checking for updates I received the following error: error 0x80080005.It was fairly easy to resolve with some videos, after that the updates were downloaded and installed with no problem. Shortly after, the main problem began: Whenever the laptop is charging the fans work nonstop even if there is nothing running, but will work properly if its not plugged. I also can't put the laptop to sleep. The laptop is a Dell XPS15 9560 and I've ran both windows and dell's diagnostics tools, multiple times, always to comeback saying everything is functioning normally. What

:)

Lourenço Serra, May 16, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Fans on maximum, only when charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 16, 2021
  3. Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 16, 2021
  4. Fans on maximum, only when charging

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Fans on maximum, only when charging

1. Fans on maximum, only when charging - Similar Threads - Fans maximum charging

2. My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...: So since a short while my laptop's dell latitude 3310 windows 11 with intel core i5 CPU fan has been spinning quite fast whenever I start it up, When I check task manager it doesn't seem to detect why it is spinning so fast and just blames my task manager for using like 66%...
  3. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  4. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  5. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Maximum charge level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum charge level: I limited my laptop charging level to 80% on windows 10, since updating to windows 11 I am unable to change this setting. How can I change my maximum charge level back to 100%?...
  7. Maximum charge level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum charge level: I limited my laptop charging level to 80% on windows 10, since updating to windows 11 I am unable to change this setting. How can I change my maximum charge level back to 100%?...
  8. Maximum screen brightness when unplugged is lower than when charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum screen brightness when unplugged is lower than when charging: When my laptop is unplugged, the screen brightness dims. The problem is that it dims even if the brightness is set to the maximum value. That is, I *cannot* manually increase the brightness further and yet it is less bright than when plugged in. This is true even if I go into...
  9. audio is not synced only when charging

audio is not synced only when charging: It also makes a sound like a buzz randomly. I have tried changing the settings I found a tutorial on Youtube like the ones in playback devices or updating the drive but nothing changed. It works fine if my laptop is not charging, it only gets out of sync when in charge....
  10. Maximum % battery charge.

Maximum % battery charge.: My battery seems to only charge to 60% - how do I change that to say 90%% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-battery-charge/9c4e8af2-e5ee-42d4-b222-17673749059d