Windows 10: Fans Run after sleep mode

Discus and support Fans Run after sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, is it normal in Windows 10 for a laptop fan to still run after putting the device to sleep? This is using the power button or sleep button from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Killianss, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Killianss Win User

Fans Run after sleep mode

Hi, is it normal in Windows 10 for a laptop fan to still run after putting the device to sleep?

This is using the power button or sleep button from the start menu.

This is on a Dell 5520 and an XPS 7390, does anyone happen to know?

Also is it possible to see what could possibly be waking a laptop up from sleep?

Thanks

:)

Killianss, Feb 1, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Fan runs in sleep

Need some help troubleshooting a problem that stated since I upgraded from Win7 Pro x64 to Win10. Basically, my PC fans run at what seems like full speed constantly, even in sleep. Occasionally, they'll stop for a short time, say 30 minutes, but then just
    start up again. CPU is at 0-3%, memory is 15% and disk is 0-1% but still the fans are running at almost full speed.

MichaelGerbasio, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Fans Run after sleep mode

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Fans Run after sleep mode

1. Fans Run after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Fans Run sleep

2. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  3. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  4. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fan running after update KB5004945

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan running after update KB5004945: Hello, after installing the KB5004945 update on the Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, fan is often on even when watching a YouTube-only video or browsing simple websites! If I turn off the program or WebBrowser, the fan dies down. Fan's mechanically clean. I also tried pc Advanced...
  6. fan still running after hibernate

fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  7. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  8. Fan Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan Running: My cooling fan keeps running constantly blowing out cold air. Hardware checks show no problem. CPU usage can be as low as 2%. Sometimes it will stop after approx: 10 minutes and more times it can last as long as the laptop is powered up. Intel turbo boost turned off and...
  9. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  10. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop: Hello, I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by mouse, keyboard or from external poke from Teamviewer. What can I modify to let it cool down without a fan an keep house...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sleep mode fans still run

2. msi ge76 sleep mode fana still running

3. msi fans running in sleep mode

4. fan is still on after sleep mode,
  5. win10 sleep mode fan,
  6. windows 11 sleep fans still running,
  7. laptop fan starting and stopping repeatly during skeep,
  8. power supply fan running during sleep windows 10,
  9. windows fans start on sleep,
  10. pc.fan running in sleep mode,
  11. sleep mode fans still on,