Windows 10: Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle

Discus and support Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 11. Everything was fine, until I changed in the power options the "put the computer to sleep" to 3 hours. After some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndreaBurgio94, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle

I just upgraded to windows 11. Everything was fine, until I changed in the power options the "put the computer to sleep" to 3 hours. After some time without using the computer I don't know exactly how long, i would say 30 minutes or so, the fans speed up for some reason. When that happens and I move the mouse, the screen goes back on and the fans slow down and start running normally again. Is there any way to fix this?I was thinking about downloading a third party program, life afterburner, to set the fans speed manually but I'd rather not do that.Thank you!

:)

AndreaBurgio94, Oct 9, 2021

2. Graphics/Fan runs at high speed/Finger ID not responding

My HP Pavilion dv-6 displays the message, No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware. Also, my fan speed constantly runs high speed and will not idle
    down. Lastly, the finger ID does not respond when I swipe my finger over the sensor. I upgraded from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 in September 2015. I tried to fix the problem with the graphics using the recommended fix from AMD site with no success. As
    for the fan and the finger ID, I have done nothing. Lastly, Cortana hasn't worked since windows 10 was installed. please help.

Abdul Kareem Ahmad

Abdul-KareemAhmad, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Fan speed too high and receives black screen

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What was the reason for you to perform a reset?
    • Does that mean you receive black screen on the desktop?
    First let us troubleshoot for the black screen issue and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Once done with that, let’s check the cause for the fan speed.

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on
    Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device
    Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle

Computer Fan Speed Running Loud When Not In Use

Hi,

When a desktop fan creates noises, it could be due to several factors. Accumulated dust, wires are hitting the fan's blade or the fan is adding heat causing the system to make an effort to cool the system. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to have
    a better understanding of the situation:

• Are you using a desktop computer or a laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's behavior?

Erika Aro, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle

1. Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle - Similar Threads - Fans run high

2. high fan speed when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  3. high fan speed when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  4. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  5. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  6. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle

Fans run at high speed when the computer is in idle: I just upgraded to windows 11. Everything was fine, until I changed in the power options the "put the computer to sleep" to 3 hours. After some time without using the computer I don't know exactly how long, i would say 30 minutes or so, the fans speed up for some reason. When...
  8. High fan speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High fan speed: My laptop is dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Both in windows and ubuntu its fan starts to run in maximum speed in normal use. It started to happenn only when I dual-booted, so its not a hardware problem. Moreover, I found a process named 'frontend' is running in the...
  9. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728
  10. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728