Windows 10: Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update

Discus and support Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed the latest Windows update 10.0.18363 and since then my laptops fans have been running constantly at full speed. My laptop is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanStrothers, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update

I recently installed the latest Windows update 10.0.18363 and since then my laptops fans have been running constantly at full speed. My laptop is only a few months old and I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the usage and temperature of my CPU, GPU, and SSD and they are well within the normal range. The fans continue to run at full speed even when the usage of all of those components is well below 5%. The laptop is also dual booted with Ubuntu and the fans run normally when I am booted into Ubuntu so this is not a hardware issue. What are some potential fixes for this problem? My laptop is a RazerBlade 15" with an Intel I7 CPU and an Nvidia RTX 2070 MaxQ GPU.

:)

IanStrothers, Apr 19, 2020

2. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update

Fan runs constantly

After upgrading to Windows 10 my laptop fan runs constantly. It did not do this before install. What should I do?

BenDavis_555, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update

1. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Fans Running Constantly

2. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: Last MS UPDATE:April 9, 2024-KB5036620 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 and Windows 11, version 23H2April 9, 2024—KB5036893 OS Builds 22621.3447 and 22631.3447I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the...
  3. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: Last MS UPDATE:April 9, 2024-KB5036620 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 and Windows 11, version 23H2April 9, 2024—KB5036893 OS Builds 22621.3447 and 22631.3447I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the...
  4. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the usage and temperature of my CPU, GPU, and SSD and they are well within the normal range. The fans continue to run at full speed even when the usage of all of those components is well below 4%. What are...
  5. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the usage and temperature of my CPU, GPU, and SSD and they are well within the normal range. The fans continue to run at full speed even when the usage of all of those components is well below 4%. What are...
  6. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. After update from 8.1 to 10 fan running constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update from 8.1 to 10 fan running constantly.: Good afternoon / Morning from UK.First post for me, it's not a major thing but though I would ask question. Laptop ACER Aspire V5-571 6gb ram 750gb hdd. had this from new in 2013. Came with Windows 8 pre-installed used that then updated to 8.1. After the lap-top started to...
  8. After update from 8.1 to 10 fan running constantly.

After update from 8.1 to 10 fan running constantly.: Good afternoon / Morning from UK.First post for me, it's not a major thing but though I would ask question. Laptop ACER Aspire V5-571 6gb ram 750gb hdd. had this from new in 2013. Came with Windows 8 pre-installed used that then updated to 8.1. After the lap-top started to...
  9. After update from 8.1 to 10 fan running constantly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer is constantly running after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is constantly running after Windows 10 latest update: Help. My computer is constantly running as if it is downloading. I know it has to do with one of the latest updates but I can't figure out how to fix it. This is October so it was probably an update in September 2019. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. those updating my windows makes my fan keep working