Windows 10: Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

Discus and support Fans still running after shutting down the PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saaamwise, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed it from the task manager and shut down the pc. The fans were running when the installation was going on and they continued to do so even after shutting down. I'm kind of freaked out right now, as I can't even turn on the display now. The LED is working though. Please help.

submitted by /u/Saaamwise
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saaamwise, Oct 7, 2020
  2. egillman Win User

Asus Laptop Fan Keeps Running When Shut Down

I don't when it started, but the cooling fan runs at high speed every time I am running on battery and shut down. The battery eventually is drained, and then the fan stops. It does NOT happen when plugged in and shut down. I have tried every suggestion that I can fins online, and nothing works. The only workaround is to put the laptop in Sleep Mode instead of Hibernate. Anybody else have this problem? I am running Windows 10.

egillman, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Xbox360 fan running shuts down

Our xbox360 fan keeps running and then a warning message comes on the screen about ventilation. Then the unit shuts off. The unit is on an open shelf with plenty of ventilation. It is on the bottom shelf and we do have several pets...

Lundquistfam, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

fan runs fast iTunes

Hello John,

To isolate the issue, we suggest to uninstall the app and then observe your PC for 24 hours. See if the issue is still present.

If there is still an issue after uninstalling the app, please answer these questions:

• Have you changed/updated/installed new apps to your PC prior to the issue happening?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

1. Fans still running after shutting down the PC. - Similar Threads - Fans still running

2. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down & fan speed: Hi there, I have an HP zBook 14G2 running W10, 64 and recently I am not able to shut down completely. When I try fan start at max speed and there is no way to stop. I did remove also battery and re-installed but no way to get rid of this issue. I have also tried the powercfg...
  3. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down & fan speed: Hi there, I have an HP zBook 14G2 running W10, 64 and recently I am not able to shut down completely. When I try fan start at max speed and there is no way to stop. I did remove also battery and re-installed but no way to get rid of this issue. I have also tried the powercfg...
  4. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  5. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  6. Pc fans and lights still on after shut down

Pc fans and lights still on after shut down: Hi So I am having a problem with my pc where when i shut it down my fans and lights are still on and the only thing I am able to do is hold down my power button till it turns off....
  7. fan still running after hibernate

fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  8. Hi! My PC shuts down but the fans still run

Hi! My PC shuts down but the fans still run: I recently upgraded windows 10 32 bit OS to windows 10 64 bit OS Also I upgraded from MBR to GPT by formatting my PC Changed 2 GB ram to 6 GB ram Since then I am having shutdown problems I tried to shutdown using 1 Start -> Power -> shut down 2 Power button 3...
  9. USB device still running after laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device still running after laptop shut down: Brand new Dell XPS-13, Win10 CU After I properly shutdown my laptop and unplug AC power why are the USB-powered fans still running in my laptop cooling pad? Also, 100% charge, shutdown, not run for 48 hours, start up, why is the charge down to 90%? 92983
  10. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...