Windows 10: fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up

Discus and support fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; what causes fantom external drive to hang up bootup of windows 10 ifr power external drive off, then windows 10 boots up with it off ?/ **Moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanleyUmstead, May 8, 2019.

1. fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up

what causes fantom external drive to hang up bootup of windows 10 ifr power external drive off, then windows 10 boots up with it off ?/

**Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General**

:)

StanleyUmstead, May 8, 2019

2. Fantom Green Drive and Windows 10

I have used my Fantom Green drive on the same PC for quite sometime, but since I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, my PC or my laptop no longer recognize this external drive. I get a bing when I attach it to the available USB ports on my laptop, but in
    Windows explorer It no longer is giving me a drive letter or the Fantom names as it has in the past.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kerrangsta, May 8, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 8, 2019
  4. fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up

Fantom Green Drive and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I recommend you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

You can also visit the below link, try downloading the latest updated the driver and install the same.

http://www.fantomdrives.com/

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 8, 2019
Thema:

fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up

1. fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up - Similar Threads - fantom external drive

2. External drive causing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive causing problems: Im using windows 11, with an external harddrive, serato dj and a numark controller, i store all my music on the external drive, i use i tunes for librarys, the external harddrive keeps sycing or checking the library to back it up, which causes the serato programme to freeze...
  3. External drive causing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive causing problems: Im using windows 11, with an external harddrive, serato dj and a numark controller, i store all my music on the external drive, i use i tunes for librarys, the external harddrive keeps sycing or checking the library to back it up, which causes the serato programme to freeze...
  4. Fantom GForce 3 Drive & wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fantom GForce 3 Drive & wireless keyboard: I just purchased this Fantom GForce 3 External HD to use as my backup drive. It is plugged into the Blue USB port on the back of my desktop and also into power source. When I turned it on, I could no longer use my wireless keyboard. I changed batteries, to no avail. Turned...
  5. Fantom GForce/3 external drive not migrated but working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fantom GForce/3 external drive not migrated but working properly: Windows 10 OS Build 19041.867 I just set up my third Fantom drive. My first two were a snap to set up, just basic plug n play and Boom there they were ready to be used. This new unit, 10 TB doesn't have a Safely Remove button appear. In its properties, Device Manager says...
  6. BitLocker Drive Encryption hangs up at 34.7 on seagate external

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Encryption hangs up at 34.7 on seagate external: Hopefully the correct area to ask this question I realize it can take several days to encrypt a 2TB external drive, but the Bitlocker has been hung up at 34.7% for nearly a day and a half...... The internal drive, and a separate external drive both successfully encrypted...
  7. Fantom External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fantom External Hard Drives: I have several Fantom External Drives that connect to my PC via a USB port. I have used the several devices on Windows XP and Windows 7 without any problems. Windows 10 does not recognize these devices in either disk Mgmt or Disk devices. In reading prior information on...
  8. fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up

in Windows 10 Customization
    fantom external drive causes window 10 hang up: what causes fantom external drive to hang up bootup of windows 10 ifr power external drive off, then windows 10 boots up with it off ?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fantom-external-drive-causes-window-10-hang-up/5c7d5980-616a-4cea-82c2-5b108a06acac
  9. Large files on external drive cause system to hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large files on external drive cause system to hang: Hi all, I have an HP Spectre laptop. I work in television and have to transfer very large files (70-100gb each). When a drive containing those files are connected, the system will hang - sometimes for a short time, sometimes it requires a hard boot. Not sure what is causing...
  10. Windows 10 hangs with large files on external drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs with large files on external drives: Hi all, I am having a very annoying issue and hoping someone can help me out here. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360 laptop. I have a clean install of Win10 (and actually did a clean re-install when I started noticing this issue in case I was dealing with any...