Windows 10: Fast Battery Power Draining

Discus and support Fast Battery Power Draining in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my PC involving my battery. I found out what the problem was, but not how to solve it. Here is what I did: On command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JayBurch1, Aug 17, 2019.

1. JayBurch1 Win User

Fast Battery Power Draining

Hello,

I have a problem with my PC involving my battery. I found out what the problem was, but not how to solve it. Here is what I did:

On command prompt with administrator privileges, I typed: powercfg/energy. Next, once I had and read the report, I understood the problems and errors, but not how to solve them. Can someone help me with the solutions of each of the errors according to the following information? Thank you.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report
    Computer Name JAY-THINK
    Scan Time 2019-08-17T14:37:51Z
    Scan Duration 60 seconds
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Product Name 4180MNU
    BIOS Date 06/04/2018
    BIOS Version 83ET82WW (1.52 )
    OS Build 18362
    Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile
    Plugged In false
    Process Count 188
    Thread Count 2041
    Report GUID {01c6b48d-88fe-4754-87af-dd2039da77f0}
    Analysis Results Errors

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
    This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
    Device Name USB Root Hub
    Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D
    Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 26, function 0
    Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_1C2D
    Port Path
    This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
    Device Name Generic USB Hub
    Device ID USB\VID_8087&PID_0024
    Port Path 1
    Device Name Generic Bluetooth Adapter
    Device ID USB\VID_0A5C&PID_217F
    Port Path 1,4
    Device Name TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)
    Device ID USB\VID_147E&PID_2016
    Port Path 1,3
    CPU UtilizationFast Battery Power Draining :processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%) 27.06
    Platform Power Management CapabilitiesFast Battery Power Draining :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
    Warnings
    CPU Utilization:Individual process with significant processor utilization.
    This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.
    Process Name MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    PID 1488
    Average Utilization (%) 22.34
    Module Average Module Utilization (%)
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\Chakra.dll 12.06
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\edgehtml.dll 3.48
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 2.23
    This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.
    Process Name System
    PID 4
    Average Utilization (%) 0.46
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.42
    \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\Apsx64.sys 0.00
    \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys 0.00
    Process Name MicrosoftEdgeSH.exe
    PID 12188
    Average Utilization (%) 0.39
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\Chakra.dll 0.28
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.05
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 0.02
    Process Name svchost.exe
    PID 2296
    Average Utilization (%) 0.23
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 0.08
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.04
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll 0.02
    Information
    Platform Timer ResolutionFast Battery Power Draining :platform Timer Resolution
    The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.
    Current Timer Resolution (100ns units) 156250
    Power Policy:Active Power Plan
    The current power plan in use
    Plan Name Custom
    Plan GUID {41be813c-77de-47f2-9f78-41838abd8df8}
    Power PolicyFast Battery Power Draining :power Plan Personality (On Battery)
    The personality of the current power plan when the system is on battery power.
    Personality Balanced
    Power Policy:Video Quality (On Battery)
    Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.
    Quality Mode Balance Video Quality and Power Savings
    Power PolicyFast Battery Power Draining :power Plan Personality (Plugged In)
    The personality of the current power plan when the system is plugged in.
    Personality Balanced
    Power Policy:Video quality (Plugged In)
    Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.
    Quality Mode Optimize for Video Quality
    System Availability Requests:Analysis Success
    Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.
    Battery:Battery Information
    Battery ID 20108LGC45N1107
    Manufacturer LGC
    Serial Number 20108
    Chemistry LION
    Long Term 1
    Sealed 0
    Design Capacity 47520
    Last Full Charge 31600
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States
    Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.
    S1 Sleep Supported false
    S2 Sleep Supported false
    S3 Sleep Supported true
    S4 Sleep Supported true
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:Connected Standby Support
    Connected standby allows the computer to enter a low-power mode in which it is always on and connected. If supported, connected standby is used instead of system sleep states.
    Connected Standby Supported false
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:Adaptive Display Brightness is supported.
    This computer enables Windows to automatically control the brightness of the integrated display.
    Platform Power Management CapabilitiesFast Battery Power Draining :processor Power Management Capabilities
    Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.
    Group 0
    Index 0
    Idle State Count 3
    Idle State Type ACPI Idle (C) States
    Nominal Frequency (MHz) 2501
    Maximum Performance Percentage 100
    Lowest Performance Percentage 31
    Lowest Throttle Percentage 3
    Performance Controls Type ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States
    Platform Power Management CapabilitiesFast Battery Power Draining :processor Power Management Capabilities
    Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.
    Group 0
    Index 1
    Idle State Count 3
    Group 0
    Index 2
    Idle State Count 3
    Group 0
    Index 3
    Idle State Count 3
    Device Drivers:Analysis Success
    Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.

Sincerely,

JayBurch1

:)

JayBurch1, Aug 17, 2019
  2. YoussifC6 Win User

C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Aug 17, 2019
  4. e113615r Win User

N80 Battery Fast Drain

Can anyone tell me why my new battery BL-5B for N80 is very fast on power draining even in stand by mode, 24 hours on stand by 2 bars battery lost.

e113615r, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Fast Battery Power Draining - Similar Threads - Fast Battery Power

2. Battery draining fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining fast: My window 10 pc battery draining really fast how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-draining-fast/6d99336a-f228-4b4f-b17a-ce161b91cf6c
  3. Battery draining fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining fast: My window 10 pc battery draining really fast how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-draining-fast/6d99336a-f228-4b4f-b17a-ce161b91cf6c
  4. Battery draining fast

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Battery drains so fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery drains so fast: Dear Microsoft, I am Using Windows 10 Home on Vostro 3590The battery drains out so fast see that the full charge capacity is far away from the design capacityPlease adviceThank you in advance...
  6. battery draining fast.

battery draining fast.: Tell me windows setting of better battery on windows 10 2004 ,I bought new laptop and battery draining fast i tried turn off background apps and services but it only worked for few days after that again my battery giving 2-3 hrs backup it. And acer company claimed 12 hrs of...
  7. battery draining fast.

battery draining fast.: Tell me windows setting of better battery on windows 10 2004 ,I bought new laptop and battery draining fast i tried turn off background apps and services but it only worked for few days after that again my battery giving 2-3 hrs backup it. And acer company claimed 12 hrs of...
  8. battery draining fast.

battery draining fast.: Hi, My question is that i bought new laptop acer brand , I replaced it because of battery issue becuse company claimed 12 hrs battery backup but it wasn't giving 6 hrs . when i replaced it in new one i faced same problem. i did some setting on windows and then battery was...
  9. battery draining fast.

battery draining fast.: Hi, My question is that i bought new laptop acer brand , I replaced it because of battery issue becuse company claimed 12 hrs battery backup but it wasn't giving 6 hrs . when i replaced it in new one i faced same problem. i did some setting on windows and then battery was...
  10. Battery Draining Fastly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Draining Fastly: Hey there! I clean install windows 10 and update it to 1903 version. After update the battery is draining fastly. I have also close background apps but still problem persists. Please help!!...