Windows 10: Fast Boot in Windows 10...

Discus and support Fast Boot in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have found that I get 2 different boot menus when booting to my dual boot setup with Windows 8 and 10. If I hit restart my computer boots to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Fast Boot in Windows 10...

Hi

I have found that I get 2 different boot menus when booting to my dual boot setup with Windows 8 and 10.

If I hit restart my computer boots to a screen that looks like an old style black and white boot menu that uses the keyboard to access.

If I turn my computer off completely and then restart it, I get a modern boot menu with a active mouse.

The interesting thing about this is the boot times.

I'm counting the time from when the bios is finished and the boot menu appears, which is pretty much the same either way.

From the old style menu, after selecting Restart, it take close to a minute and a half to get to the desktop.

From the menu I get when it's completely shut down, the only thing that limits the time is how long it takes to type in my 4 digit code.

It is almost instantaneous, even with me having to type the code it's not more then 15 seconds.

I never really noticed that fast boot in Windows 8 made much difference.

I'm not sure why I don't see the same thing when I select Restart?

It's faster to just shut the computer completely off and restart it.

Anyone else seeing this?

I have all my software installed now and it still boots almost instantly.

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 4, 2014
  4. jm44jg39 Win User

Fast Boot in Windows 10...

Are you using UEFi or BIOS ?

jm44jg39, Oct 4, 2014
  5. Hi

I'm using UEFI.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 4, 2014
  6. Koub777 Win User
    Yes, its happening in Windows 8.1 x64bit too. I don't know the exact cause of this problem, and I didn't search for a solution because it isnt too much annoying.

Koub777, Oct 4, 2014
  7. Hi

I don't restart that much or I won't now that I have pretty much all of my software installed so It's not really a problem.

I just hope the fast boot lasts.

I've never had my computer boot in only a few seconds.

And everything is running really quick too.

I don't think my Windows 8 install ran this well when my computer was brand new a year ago.

So far I couldn't have asked for more.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fast Boot in Windows 10...

1. Fast Boot in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Fast Boot

2. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound: My pc just crashed after i run a game Will reseting bios or unplug ram will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-no-boot-fast-beep-sound/e5871c49-8da5-4650-9b9a-f5106bfa6a94
  3. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound: My pc just crashed after i run a game Will reseting bios or unplug ram will work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-no-boot-fast-beep-sound/e5871c49-8da5-4650-9b9a-f5106bfa6a94
  4. Bsod + No boot + Fast beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  6. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  7. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...: I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my PC it is telling me that Fast Boot is still enabled? any solution?Also, on the power and sleep menu i do not have the 'fast boot' option to untick?...
  8. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...: I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my PC it is telling me that Fast Boot is still enabled? any solution?Also, on the power and sleep menu i do not have the 'fast boot' option to untick?...
  9. I have set my 'Fast Boot' to disabled in my BIOS, but when i try to launch a loader on my...

10. Why does a Secure boot window flash on and off very fast, Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does a Secure boot window flash on and off very fast, Why?: A window will flash on and off very fast. I see Secure Boot in the window but that's all because it flashes very fast. My system is Asus AMD Athlon tm II x2 220 processor and my BIOS version/date Americian Megatrends inc. 0504. I'm using Windows Pro with 8 GB memory, My...