Windows 10: Fast boot option

Discus and support Fast boot option in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MICJMA22, Feb 4, 2021.

1. MICJMA22 Win User

Fast boot option

How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and bring on more options. Then it said to click on boot configuration tab and again there was no option to enable fast boot. I got these directions on line. I have a Dell inspiron 2350 and I believe it has the most updated version of the bios on it. The version it gives when my bios is open is 2.15.1236. I just want to enable the fast quick boot option in my bios. Thanks

:)

MICJMA22, Feb 4, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Fast boot option

Fast boot

In Win10, which is better option to select - fast boot or no fast booting?

Im Pradhyumn, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Fast boot option

1. Fast boot option - Similar Threads - Fast boot option

2. Fast startup option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup option is missing: Hello the option is missingI assume that's because i turned off hibernate via cmd using command powercfg /hibernate offDoes that mean fast startup is on or off?...
  3. Fast startup option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup option is missing: Hello the option is missingI assume that's because i turned off hibernate via cmd using command powercfg /hibernate offDoes that mean fast startup is on or off?...
  4. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  5. Turning off Fast Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Fast Boot: Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiwqb5/turning_off_fast_boot/
  6. Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled: I'm working on a PC with Windows 10 Pro v1803 and a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard & SSD. The PC is configured to have boot menu options for normal boot, Macrium Reflect Recovery and Safe Mode. All works fine with fast start up disabled. With fast start-up enabled, the boot...
  7. fast boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  8. Fast boot, slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  9. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...