Windows 10: fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

Discus and support fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 8, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

Hi folks
    Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home.

If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer.
    perfectly 100% legal.

get_iPlayer • Forums • Guides • Help | get_iPlayer • Forums • Guides • Help

This can download radio / tv episodes, programs or series to computer --TV is downloaded in mp4 format while radio content is downloaded in m4a format - both playable by typical multimedia apps such as VLC, KODI etc.

there's about a zillion and one commands so read the documentation but for a quick way to download all episodes of a series with the subtitles here's an example -- say you want series 8 of spooks -- from the actual BBC iplayer itself get the series pid number.

You are required to have a BBC TV license is the only legal requirement to access the BBC actual iPlayer itself.

then : (command is exactly the same on Windows --I'm on a Linux HOST currently.)

fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites) [​IMG]

subtitles are downloaded as standard .srt file so if you want you can use the google subtitle translate api to translate into other languages too -- simply upload the.srt file and translate into language of your choice (use auto translate otherwise only ist screen gets translated) -- you can even have this in LATIN !!! if yoy are bonkers enough although what internet etc is in Latin --no idea.

The translate is actually very good --the A.I in machine translation by GOOGLE is really good these days - not like "Machine-ese" at all --I wouldn't recommend using it for translating Phd thesis or things but for subtitles it's pretty accurate.

Translate/edit SRT Subtitles for Free - Subtitle Translator

have fun AND PLEASE EVERYONE STAY SAFE !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 8, 2020

2. Trying to download BBC Store app form Windows App site. Get blue screen and no download.

<Original title: Windows 10 App BBC Store>

Trying to download BBC Store app form Windows App site. Get blue screen and no download.

Am using Windows Defender: some help sites suggest problem arises from using Norton.

Have settings set to UK which BBC advise.

Am using a Surface Pro 3.

Stephen Bazza, Apr 8, 2020
  3. BBC iplayer downloading!

BBC Iplayer web site lists those network providers and the ability or not to download etc .

My telecom provider does not let me download .

jje

jjegan---01, Apr 8, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

Basic question: for the BBC, have you paid to access BBC services?

Forgive me if I assume you haven't as you're using a VPN.

Note that if you were to fool the system (assuming you haven't paid the appropriate fee) you should see a message asking if you have a license.

We cannot possibly support or condone anyone trying to evade due payment- I am in the UK and pay my TV license.

BBC iPlayer Help - Can I use BBC iPlayer when I’m outside of the UK?

dalchina, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites) - Similar Threads - fast download BBC

2. Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK: After buying a new Windows 10 laptop, I can not access BBC Iplayer as it thinks I am outside the UK. - My IP adress is in the UK and other devices on our broadband does not have this problem - I have allowed apps to access my location - My default location is London, UK -...
  3. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  4. Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable: Hi - In the past few days I have been unable to access both BBC News and BBC iPlayer. Each time I get a msg saying 'unable to access this site' despite it having been no problem for years. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors: Hi folks BBC Changed some of their code today (27 Nov 2019) so users of the latest release (3.22) might find some of these errors appearing when trying to download TV / Radio programs. (Affects both Linux and Windows releases). ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): Access...
  6. BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC

BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC: Hi folks I see BBC has stopped its Radio services on Tunein - which a load of apps like smart speakers, Alexa devices etc use. Reason given is they can't collect data about their users --I assumed that the BBC was a broadcasting organisation not a Data collection service...
  7. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...: ...and I'm not. However I use ExpressVPN and have done so successfully for a long time without connection problems. Just recently they have all thrown me out on the grounds content is not available in my location. I have used ExpressVPN's IP address location and DNS leak...
  8. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  9. Unable to sign in to my BBC account...

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to sign in to my BBC account...: I have a new pc which I have been in the process of setting up, I have tried to sign in to my BBC account without success, I keep getting a security warning saying I don't have a private connection ( I do), I have no issues with any other sites,only with the BBC. I...
  10. BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....