Windows 10: Fast GPU's

Discus and support Fast GPU's in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm probably the only one here who plays with a GT 730 Kepler. I can play GTA IV at 900P with everything maxed out except the view distance and detail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fast GPU's

I'm probably the only one here who plays with a GT 730 Kepler. I can play GTA IV at 900P with everything maxed out except the view distance and detail distance.

RoasterMen, Dec 9, 2017

2. I think I'm the only one on this forum who uses an AMD/Radeon card. I have an R9 280 that runs everything I play at max with more than acceptable frame rates. It cost just over $300 CDN a couple of years ago, and it runs like a top.

I looked at the 970 at the time when I bought it. It was over $200 more and I just couldn't justify the price as I am only a casual gamer. Overall, I'm really happy with my card, and it didn't kill my bank account.

Gurn Blanston, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Yeah I agree with your thought process - to be honest I think these ultra expensive high end gpu are overkill. They are just trying to empty our wallets. It’s just a personal thing but I struggle to differentiate 4K and 1080 especially on sub 32” screens. So I play everything at 1080 and most budget cards can handle that quite well. I guess it depends what you want but for most something like an nvidia 1070 and above isn’t necessary. I went over the top with the 980ti. It’s a great card but I could of saved myself money. Especially as since getting the pc a couple years ago I’ve barely gamed on it. It always seems easier to turn on the console!

Scottyboy99, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Woody72 Win User

Fast GPU's

They kind of have a point I guess. I upgraded to a GTX 1060 a couple of months ago and recently upgraded the rest of the machine (i5-8600k and DDR4) and it does me fine playing at 1080p. Would love a 1080Ti though *Smile.

Woody72, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Hi,
    SLI is over rated
    One titan xp would be more than enough and half the price *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 18, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    Or you could buy a Titan Volta for the same price and not have to worry about the SLI headaches.

essenbe, Dec 18, 2017
  7. A few years ago i would of disagreed but Sli has taken a massive step back or developers are too lazy to make games Multi Gpu usable

I get it though they pretty much gave it up based on average users will never use two gpu's or even the top of the line for that matter

solarstarshines, Dec 18, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

Fast GPU's

If they wanted to and would spend the effort, game developers could force the issue. If you want high framerates on max settings, you have to have a high end card. If you have a medium range card, you have to turn settings down, but can still have a good gaming experience. Something along those lines would force the issue, an in my opinion it should be that way.

essenbe, Dec 18, 2017
  9. RST101 Win User
    Agreed. It is absolute overkill and in some instances games will not run in dual or quad mode.

RST101, Dec 20, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    I'm happy with my 1070, it plays all the games pretty well.

swarfega, Dec 20, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    There are reasons other than gaming for taking advantage of high performance cards.......such as Graphics Design, or CAD/CAM.
    Am satisfied with an AMD RX 580 Nitro 8gb.

dencal, Dec 20, 2017
  12. SLI isn't even worth it anymore. AMD and NVIDIA pretty much abandoned it. But AMD way back depended on it that for laptops, you had no choice but to suffer from it because their crimson drivers were buggy as hell and you couldn't disable the onboard GPU by force.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fast GPU's

1. Fast GPU's - Similar Threads - Fast GPU's

2. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  3. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  4. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  5. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  6. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  8. How do I disable fast startup?

How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  9. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  10. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...: Hello, I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my GPU spin up fast and just keep going until...